The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

5 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Does the captaincy announcement start at 7? Or are they doing a pre show?

captaincy announcement happens before puck drop, but there will be an extended preamble that starts early. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, fecklund said:

SO STOKED to see BC/DC score this gig!
A very old friend and band mate of mine used to play guitar for them and they always deliver.
Gonna be fun! Let's go streaking!

653a594be750eb36e9528d60b50f5942-full.jp

Ahh them 70's were so epic. There was that trendy pop hit back then

"Oh yes they call him the Streak

He likes to show off his physique!"

Remnants of the 60's Hippie-hangover, I guess?..

Thanks for this pic..great stuff

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, apollo said:

I scrolled through that entire list... And I absolutely can not find a single guy that got cheered on more times than Roberto did. Beloved overall, yea maybe a lot of guys on that list were more "beloved"... Heck there's countless Canucks that I would say were more beloved during their tenure here but no one got the kings treatment from the fans like Roberto did. 

I'm talking about cheering specifically. we changed the game entirely with Luongo when it came to straight up cheering for him 

I can't find a single player that was cheered on for 30+ times during every single game for a decade. Every single save we cheered him loud and proud and that's why I'm upset by his decision 

And it wasn't even only for the 41 home games that 18,500 vancouverites would "Luuuuu" and chear him on... There was countless rinks on the road, that our loyal fans would travel too and Luuuuu him there too 30x a game. 

There's no athlete in the history of sports that got more "individual cheers" than Luongo did when he became a Canuck. 

I'm with u totally I don't like Tallon one bit. But iono about a grown man that made over 100 million doesn't have the confidence to stand up to a threat. I just don't buy that he was threatened into the decision. He was still sour over what happened between him aquaman Gillis torts and Co but those 3 weren't the 18500 fans that cheered for him 30x a game for a decade 

Sure he's a class act... But Fake injury? He went on and off the IR countless times his last two years, he was clearly retiring because he was injured... 

"lingering hip issue. He was limited to 43 appearances last year after he played in 35 games the season before that and 40 matches in 2016-17. The 40-year-old netminder has been hit hard by injuries and he struggled mightily last campaign when he was in the lineup."

Anyways... Enough of me derailing this thread. Going to the game tonight, let's get that DUBYA! 

Whether anyone agrees with you or not apollo, I think this might be your most well-reasoned post (that I have seen anyway).

Enjoy your posts and love your positivity and blatant Canuck-favoritism.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about Luongo from very high when we had the best goalie in the league (world), to very low (which I won't go into as it would stir some people up too much).

Glad you're going to the game and thank you and all the people who do go to the games and pay the freight, keeping the team going; I can't go anymore (and can't really afford it either).

But if it wasn't for you folks, we wouldn't have a team at all.

Back to the thread, I don't think Roberto Luongo will be on hand to join in the torch-passing tonight.

But I can't wait to see Bo get the "C".

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Whether anyone agrees with you or not apollo, I think this might be your most well-reasoned post (that I have seen anyway).

Enjoy your posts and love your positivity and blatant Canuck-favoritism.

Personally, I have mixed feelings about Luongo from very high when we had the best goalie in the league (world), to very low (which I won't go into as it would stir some people up too much).

Glad you're going to the game and thank you and all the people who do go to the games and pay the freight, keeping the team going; I can't go anymore (and can't really afford it either).

But if it wasn't for you folks, we wouldn't have a team at all.

Back to the thread, I don't think Roberto Luongo will be on hand to join in the torch-passing tonight.

But I can't wait to see Bo get the "C".

Spot-on & great post!