The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

4 hours ago, fecklund said:

SO STOKED to see BC/DC score this gig!
A very old friend and band mate of mine used to play guitar for them and they always deliver.
Gonna be fun! Let's go streaking!

653a594be750eb36e9528d60b50f5942-full.jp

Considering it was the 70’s it’s surprising they didn’t need larger emoji’s in certain places. Just sayin’...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I'd take Vanek on a 1 year deal in a heart beat. Loved the guy when he was here!

Yup. He always flew under my radar, until I watched him play for Van. Lots of natural ability, lots of “hockey IQ.” He was awesome while he was here.

• Upvote 3

So the terribly exciting feature on all those options for who will be captain. im guessing its between 1.Bo 2. Horvat and 3.Bo Horvat....

Other then that its definetly time for a win. When i first heard miller was on the team i immediatly thought he would be with petey and brock and now its finally true. The thing for me is that Ferland is an option to use when the oposition is playing the right kind of oposition so u can choose between miller and Ferland for a different elemt to that line. 

My expectation on the game is a solid 4-2 win, 3 goals by peteys line, brock 1 Petey 2 where one is on the PP and the last goal is from The newly appointed Captain Bo. 

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, apollo said:

As his former #1 fan, I'll gladly say... Hard pass on Roberto Florida. 

This is the world's most iconic franchise and he clearly didn't respect the fans that cheered for him 30+ times a game for a decade. 

Show me one other instance in any sport that a guy got cheered for as much as our city cheered for Lui and I'll change my mind. 

He didn't care about us die hards and now I can't respect the man he's become. 

Sure he's a first ballot hall of famer in my books... But he didn't do it on his own... His success was because of our city and our Legends (Sedins, burr, juice, etc)

I don't think the franchise should ever honor him after hitting us with the 3mill x 3 cap hit. 

Ohhhh snap... This post is so angry. Makes me feel lots of confusing emotions. I'm like an emotional pretzel. :sadno:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fecklund said:

SO STOKED to see BC/DC score this gig!
A very old friend and band mate of mine used to play guitar for them and they always deliver.
Gonna be fun! Let's go streaking!

653a594be750eb36e9528d60b50f5942-full.jp

Unless there were more streaking incidents, I was at that game, just a little kid but definately remember streakers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VictoriaJord said:

Anything other than a comfortable win today will be a huge disappointment.

Kings played last night, and Canucks not since last weekend.

Well, then we’re rusty and they’re warmed up......just making pre-excuses.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 1