The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

10 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

They need to get rid of that BIG ugly 50th anniversary patch....sh*t is butt.  A sticker on the helmet would have been just fine.

I would much rather prefer that also, keep the Hockey jersey with just logo, number, player name and A or C. Nice and simple and original to its roots. Sure hope we don't go the way of the NBA for $$$. But why do the owners have these franchises...to make as much $$$$$$$ as possible...even though they are already GREEDY Billionaires!?!?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

I would much rather prefer that also, keep the Hockey jersey with just logo, number, player name and A or C. Nice and simple and original to its roots. Sure hope we don't go the way of the NBA for $$$. But why do the owners have these franchises...to make as much $$$$$$$ as possible...even though they are already GREEDY Billionaires!?!?

Seeing that ugly 50 patch gives you an idea of how it would be if they went the nba route. Definitely annoying and an eyesore. Been waiting years for the "Vancouver" to be removed only to be replaced with another eye sore haha oh well at least its just for the season and our playoff run.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

They need to get rid of that BIG ugly 50th anniversary patch....sh*t is butt.  A sticker on the helmet would have been just fine.

Or a shoulder logo, on the right hand side, only for this season. It’s a little bulky for sure. There was a sick concept with an orca fin floating around earlier this summer. Oh, what could have been. 

6 minutes ago, Schmutzhaken said:

Or a shoulder logo, on the right hand side, only for this season. It’s a little bulky for sure. There was a sick concept with an orca fin floating around earlier this summer. Oh, what could have been. 

Ya shoulder patch for the season would have been just fine.

Like sh*t we get it but i dont care for celebrating 50 years without a stanley cup. Just me though im sure most people are excited for 50 years.

• Cheers 1

It's really important for them to win this one. Fix the Powerplay. I will load it up:

First Unit:

Miller

Boeser  Horvat   Pettersson

Hughes

Second Unit:

Pearson-Gaudette-Ferland

Edler-Myers

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

It's really important for them to win this one. Fix the Powerplay. I will load it up:

First Unit:

Miller

Boeser  Horvat   Pettersson

Hughes

Second Unit:

Pearson-Gaudette-Ferland

Edler-Myers

First unit doesn't have anyone that can effectively drop pass on the pp to lead the breakout. Newell brown will not approve. Needs more edler or maybe Tanev. 

If at first you don't succeed, drop pass the drop pass until it does - Newell brown 

5 minutes ago, Kushman said:

First unit doesn't have anyone that can effectively drop pass on the pp to lead the breakout. Newell brown will not approve. Needs more edler or maybe Tanev. 

If at first you don't succeed, drop pass the drop pass until it does - Newell brown 

Dear Newell Brown: it is 2019, the drop pass doesn't work anymore. I trust Hughes or Petey to just carry the puck into the o-zone in an entry. Also, with Horvat and Miller taking faceoffs, we might not even have to do much zone entries because they win the majority of the faceoffs they take.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Well, if the boys don't show up from the get go after the team announces a new captain and the crowd roars.... they aren't gonna show up from the start anytime soon. 

I'm predicting a much better performance, 5-3 Canucks.

Yup a Canuck W and some Goals and then CDC will be planning the playoff run/parade...haha

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

This team is due. I'm so pumped for the game and really hope the team and new Captain sets a new standard for home games. Don't take any crap from teams, stick up for each other and pedal to the metal throughout.   

GCG 3 - 1 for the good guys