Sign in to follow this  
xereau

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

no stecher gf is wearing the red the one on petey order side

Yeah she’s the only one that remotely resembles Blake lively to me

8 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Every team utilizes the drop pass.  Everybody needs to stop making it sound like the Canucks' are the only team that does this.

not sure bennings love for this guy hes not effective at all only when erhoff was our ppqb  

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

not sure bennings love for this guy hes not effective at all only when erhoff was our ppqb  

It's the players who aren't performing to their standards at the moment.  Can't just blame the PP coach.  Too early in the season to determine if it's the right personnel or not.  Personally I would like to see Hughes man the point on the first unit.  A little more creativity, movement and unpredictability.

• Upvote 1

Browns says he wants to effective pp1 and 2, shouldn't we make the first effective then down the road work on the 2nd

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Ya except when they utilize it, they typically move up the ice with speed and there is the threat that the puck carrier could enter the zone.

When we do it, it's usually edler in our own zone already not moving his feet and telegraphing the drop pass a mile away. So much so, weve seen other teams anticipate this and go for the steal. It's beyond bad.

Hughes moving out with speed is what we need on pp1. He has the skating and the skill to carry it himself or utilize the drop pass, but it has to be unpredictable.

See post above.  I said that I would like to see Hughes on the first PP unit.  Personally I wish they would go back to the entry where there's 2 guys on either side of both blue lines.  Quick passes up and into the zone.

13 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

It's the players who aren't performing to their standards at the moment.  Can't just blame the PP coach.  Too early in the season to determine if it's the right personnel or not.  Personally I would like to see Hughes man the point on the first unit.  A little more creativity, movement and unpredictability.

i disagree the drop pass is 9 yrs old and never worked hes hot garbage 

5 hours ago, zapperman said:

Looking forward to seeing the debut of the “Jackpot line” (6-40-9). Hope it works. Props to @AlwaysACanuckFan for coining this one. Let’s hope it’s a winner. 

Live feed of long lineup already outside lottery 649 kiosk 

line_1_L.jpg

4 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Scoring a Powerplay Goal would make me a happy Canucks fan

Maybe if they had a power play coach... would that be a good idea?

1 hour ago, Kushman said:

First unit doesn't have anyone that can effectively drop pass on the pp to lead the breakout. Newell brown will not approve. Needs more edler or maybe Tanev. 

If at first you don't succeed, drop pass the drop pass until it does - Newell brown 

Could we drop-kick Newell Brown instead?

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Ya shoulder patch for the season would have been just fine.

Like sh*t we get it but i dont care for celebrating 50 years without a stanley cup. Just me though im sure most people are excited for 50 years.

Game day thread and we are talking about fn jersey patches!?

It’s early in the season so it may or may not factor in that L.A. Has to play in Calgary the night before . Hopefully they have a tough game and they’re tired.

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

Every team utilizes the drop pass.  Everybody needs to stop making it sound like the Canucks' are the only team that does this.

They just don't do it every fn time.

52 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

i disagree the drop pass is 9 yrs old and never worked hes hot garbage 

Yeah... he's old style.... needs to move on

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

This team is due. I'm so pumped for the game and really hope the team and new Captain sets a new standard for home games. Don't take any crap from teams, stick up for each other and pedal to the metal throughout.   

GCG 3 - 1 for the good guys

For the Captain to take no crap, Bo would have to completely change imo. He got mentored by the Sedins, we all know they just took it and had 0 push back. I think Bo will have some, hopefully a lot more when they make the playoffs and that style of hockey is needed to be successful.

The only change i see coming is a C on #53's jersey. Im not being a downer, just a realist

Edited by Canuckster86
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, longsuffering said:

Game day thread and we are talking about fn jersey patches!?

Yeah, really. The GDT should be reserved for talk about which members of the Canucks organization we want to drop kick, right?

• Hydration 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Yup a Canuck W and some Goals and then CDC will be planning the playoff run/parade...haha

Like you are any different.  :frantic:

Play-offs this year would really gel the team and I suspect Bo would be a beast. Here's hoping!

• Upvote 1