The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

xereau

12 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't even think about celebrating 50 yrs. Maybe the owners would but not sure why it a a reason for fans to celebrate.

Pretty much a marketing scheme.

Only thing they should be thinking about celebrating are wins and a cup. Who cares about years.  

so not the sentimental type then :lol:

I guess its arbitrary but still, its good to appreciate the guys that gave their all for the team over the years, don't see why that deserves a 'who cares' tho. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, stawns said:

why, plenty of successful teams have gone 0-3 to start a season

I'll take the underdog status. As this season progresses I see this team only getting better as they learn each others on-ice tendencies.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so not the sentimental type then :lol:

I guess its arbitrary but still, its good to appreciate the guys that gave their all for the team over the years, don't see why that deserves a 'who cares' tho. 

I think the Canucks have lost 90% of the games played after a "Special Pregame Ceremony"

I think  its like giving sleeping pills to the team and the fans

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

I remember the Washington Generals going 0-3 to start one year, and I assume they were able to turn it around, so why cant we. 

These Washington Generals?

Beating the Harlem Globetrotters

Figures vary as to exactly how often the Generals have beaten their rivals. Some reports say six, while the team's official website reports having three victories over the Globetrotters, one each in 1954, 1958 and 1971.

• Upvote 1