Sign in to follow this  
xereau

[GDT] Kings @ Canucks 7pm Oct 9th 2019 - Home Opener/Captain's Edition

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Jake is an anchor to any line he plays on.  What have all of you people been watching for the last 5 years?   Sutter does nothing, Beagle does almost nothing, Loui literally does nothing, Motte does nothing and Schaller does nothing.  Leivo can score goals

Well...let’s look a little deeper.  Leivo - top six minutes - check.  Levio first PP minutes - check.  Wonder what LE, Sutter, Schaller and even Motte could do with that time - I’d bet every single one of them would look a lot better.   How many goals had he scored in his career again?   Why the f$@k is he still in the top six?  Why isn’t Horvat on the first PP unit instead of him?  I’d bet my house that LE would outperform him with the same minutes.  Reminds me of Harold Druken - and really he is to TG what Megna was to WD.   

Leivo better break out soon, because I’m certainly don’t see why he’s not the 13th forward with the lineup we currently have ... and he’s in the top six!!!  Ridiculous. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Those 20 good games came when the team was decimated with injuries and Green had to play Jake with good players. Stop giving the guy plugs and maybe he can have more than 20 good games.

Jake should be pretty good with Gaudette. 

Puck pressure, pace, use his size & speed defensively to compliment the Gaudette who fights in lanes for possession and space. Then counter attack with speed. Gets the puck up ice in rushes.

But on a line that has a lot of possession in the offensive end. Jake gets it and shoots. From low % places.  Does not handle or pass the puck very well. Or even jam the net for rebounds and tips.  Jake has a lot more to give. In the meantime, that means we give up on the puck in the offensive end. Not great on any top scoring line.

When there is no transition goal. Jakes main goal? Get a face off in the offensive end for our top line. Smother it & get off the ice!

Just stack PP1, I mean the other team is gonna stack PK1 stay out for 90secs boom or do like Rec league and have only a PP1 and the rest of us on the bench yelling for the guys to get off so we can get some PP time !

47 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well...let’s look a little deeper.  Leivo - top six minutes - check.  Levio first PP minutes - check.  Wonder what LE, Sutter, Schaller and even Motte could do with that time - I’d bet every single one of them would look a lot better.   How many goals had he scored in his career again?   Why the f$@k is he still in the top six?  Why isn’t Horvat on the first PP unit instead of him?  I’d bet my house that LE would outperform him with the same minutes.  Reminds me of Harold Druken - and really he is to TG what Megna was to WD.   

Leivo better break out soon, because I’m certainly don’t see why he’s not the 13th forward with the lineup we currently have ... and he’s in the top six!!!  Ridiculous. 

I'm not saying he should be a staple on the first pp but to play Schaller, Motte, Loui, even Sutter over him at this point would be foolish.  We already tossed away Baertschi, we need more skill not less of it

Whatever happened to not overreacting two games in to the season?  Petey hasn't done jack either, might as well take him out of the lineup as well.  Too much skill anyways

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, VancouverIteinSanDiego said:

Just stack PP1, I mean the other team is gonna stack PK1 stay out for 90secs boom or do like Rec league and have only a PP1 and the rest of us on the bench yelling for the guys to get off so we can get some PP time !

Funny thing is?

PP2 looked more dangerous at times than PP1. A lot actually. Maybe that means the personnel should move up.

What we want is Petey and Brock off the wall. Loading up at the top of each circle for passes from the point, from across seam from each other. 

Or?

Maybe send Pettersson down in Gretzky's alley instead of wingman. If Miller and Horvat are at either side of the slot, Boeser will be open. If teams guard Boeser, bring the sauce or just take it to the front. I am confident EP can beat guys 1 on 1, make passes.  

3 hours ago, nuckfanfromafrica said:

Green just i minor change for now until Baer is called up along with Goldy.

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Virtanen

Ferland - Gaudette - Sutter/Leivo

Schaller - Beagle - Leivo/Sutter

Sven I can see coming up at some point, Goldy you just need to move on from him.  It's over he left you.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Jake and Gaudette had a couple of good shifts in that last game against Calgary. They seem like they'll work well together - I hope Travis gives that potential duo a long look.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Goofing around on Hockey-Reference and looked up Vancouver’s all-time list of captains. 

Was pleased to see Messier’s tenure marked with an asterisk. :lol:

71ADF322-009E-4524-A2F9-746DBCACED6B.jpeg.3ce7b47cf565b65823b4acc4b64ceb00.jpeg

(unfortunately the asterisk isn’t for the reason I wanted, but still made me lol)

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

Virtanen should be on that line With Gaud, or even given a chance at a top 6 role for a couple games minimum. We haven't tried too hard to make his draft selection look worthy when a guy that high gets picked, its usually to be a top 6 F, not a grinding bottom 6 player.

Leivo if he doesn't improve is likely to be moved in my opinion. Or he is on the 4th line, To bad he doesnt use his size more and hit, would make Motte expendable. Motte has some wheels and can PK so he stays on 4th line or maybe 13F.

Schalleer needs to go to Utica and Sven needs to come back

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, xereau said:

Love the fact Bo is trying not to smile when asked about the captaincy. He looks so excited. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Puck pressure, pace, use his size & speed defensively to compliment the Gaudette who fights in lanes for possession and space. Then counter attack with speed. Gets the puck up ice in rushes.

But on a line that has a lot of possession in the offensive end. Jake gets it and shoots. From low % places.  Does not handle or pass the puck very well. Or even jam the net for rebounds and tips.  Jake has a lot more to give. In the meantime, that means we give up on the puck in the offensive end. Not great on any top scoring line.

When there is no transition goal. Jakes main goal? Get a face off in the offensive end for our top line. Smother it & get off the ice!

It should have been Baertshi - Gaudette - Virtanen on that third line. Completely balanced.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Gäz said:

I'll take the underdog status. As this season progresses I see this team only getting better as they learn each others on-ice tendencies.

I've read a lot if posts like this first couple of games.

Oilers have a bunch of new players. Haas Nygard Bear Perrson Jurco Russell Sheahan Neal Smith Manning.... I'm sure I'm missing someone. Two or 3 of those have never played in North America. New from a Europe.  Couple played a handful of games last year like Quinn Huges. Their best dman is on LTIR. 

They just started 3-0.

So we can't be using this as an excuse. 

Canucks gotta win this next one can't be dropping 3 straight to start. 

Not the end of the world but our playoff chances drop the worse we start.

If Baer needs to be recalled then do it. Self LE down. Screw the optics. Better players have to be in NHL. If EP doesn't get going soon bring Gold up play EP Boeser Goldy on line again. 

I expect they'll win tomorrow. 

But this whole new players need to gel as a team is hog wash. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I've read a lot if posts like this first couple of games.

Oilers have a bunch of new players. Haas Nygard Bear Perrson Jurco Russell Sheahan Neal Smith Manning.... I'm sure I'm missing someone. Two or 3 of those have never played in North America. New from a Europe.  Couple played a handful of games last year like Quinn Huges. Their best dman is on LTIR. 

They just started 3-0.

So we can't be using this as an excuse. 

Canucks gotta win this next one can't be dropping 3 straight to start. 

Not the end of the world but our playoff chances drop the worse we start.

If Baer needs to be recalled then do it. Self LE down. Screw the optics. Better players have to be in NHL. If EP doesn't get going soon bring Gold up play EP Boeser Goldy on line again. 

I expect they'll win tomorrow. 

But this whole new players need to gel as a team is hog wash. 

Watching the Kings play the Flames tonight and they look like a hungry team.  There is passion and urgency in their play.  I think we are lacking both those.  

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Almost there 

read closely green, do the following...

- Waive Schaller

- call up Baer and put him on line 2 in place of Leivo

- move Jake to line 3 in place of Sutter

- move Sutter and Leivo to line 4 

- sit Loui

done 

now that’s a lineup 

get it done Green and JB !!!!