Sign in to follow this  
CanucksJay

[Discussion] Send Sutter back to Pitts

Recommended Posts

They don't have the cap for Sutter, likely not even Sutter at 50% cap retained. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im really hoping Sutts can pot 10-15 goals before the tdl. I want him off the books in a bad way. Its time to hand the reigns over to Gauds. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sutter, does Pittsburgh really want him back? 

Highly doubtful. Rutherford has traded him away twice.  Doubt he has any interest in re-acquiring him.  Especially after the last few seasons Sutter has had  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Highly doubtful. Rutherford has traded him away twice.  Doubt he has any interest in re-acquiring him.  Especially after the last few seasons Sutter has had  

I think the Ice Birds would want the man of steel balls.  Will JB give him up though? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the Ice Birds would want the man of steel balls.  Will JB give him up though? 

As usual you’re living in your own deluded fantasy world.  Rutherford twice traded a healthy Sutter at the top of just game.  Why in the world would he want the decimated version that’s remaining? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, qwijibo said:

As usual you’re living in your own deluded fantasy world.  Rutherford twice traded a healthy Sutter at the top of just game.  Why in the world would he want the decimated version that’s remaining? 

I thought Chia Pet was in Pittsburgh now.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McKenzie last night said that Pittsburgh is trying to trade a D for a C but dollar for dollar as they have no cap and too many Ds.  He says Johnson or Gudbranson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alflives said:

I thought Chia Pet was in Pittsburgh now.  

St Louis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mll said:

McKenzie last night said that Pittsburgh is trying to trade a D for a C but dollar for dollar as they have no cap and too many Ds.  He says Johnson or Gudbranson.

Lol.

 

Nobody wants Johnson or Gudbranson.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Sutter, does Pittsburgh really want him back? 

I got it...

 

                               regards,  G.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sutter isn't 'trash'.  He can play a key position very well and also be a top six RW.  Every time he switches to RW, he produces.  He is a good 2 way center.  Always a need on any team.  

 

Injuries have been atrocious and is do too the 'curse'.  What else would cause an iron man style player to miss the majority of his games since coming here to injury.  

 

If he can string together a good half season without injury, he will be a good trade chip.  He has looked good early this year.  

 

Could think of alot of teams that would want a healthy Sutter.  Don't think Pits is a good trading partner atm.  Rutherford should be keeping his picks for now.  

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

Sutter isn't 'trash'.  He can play a key position very well and also be a top six RW.  Every time he switches to RW, he produces.  He is a good 2 way center.  Always a need on any team.  

 

Injuries have been atrocious and is do too the 'curse'.  What else would cause an iron man style player to miss the majority of his games since coming here to injury.  

 

If he can string together a good half season without injury, he will be a good trade chip.  He has looked good early this year.  

 

Could think of alot of teams that would want a healthy Sutter.  Don't think Pits is a good trading partner atm.  Rutherford should be keeping his picks for now.  

Every TDL teams don’t make the best decisions for their teams long term,  just getting in now with team parity - you never know.   Sutter could have a career year - and IF we are in the playoffs no way he gets traded....however if we are not pretty sure JB will move on from him and take the best offer..shedding the cap  might be more valuable then the return with Markstrom up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t feel comfortable moving Sutter until Gaudette absolutely starts owning that 3rd line C spot.   Sutter is an excellent insurance policy to have Incase of injuries.    
 

For the first time in almost 5 years, the Canucks have respectable organizational depth that makes us far less susceptible to injuries........and you want to trade that away?

 

No thanks from me.

 

Only move players once we cross the bridge known as “the cap storm.”   For now however, let’s use our depth to our advantage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I don’t feel comfortable moving Sutter until Gaudette absolutely starts owning that 3rd line C spot.   Sutter is an excellent insurance policy to have Incase of injuries.    
 

For the first time in almost 5 years, the Canucks have respectable organizational depth that makes us far less susceptible to injuries........and you want to trade that away?

 

No thanks from me.

 

Only move players once we cross the bridge known as “the cap storm.”   For now however, let’s use our depth to our advantage.

Move Sutter at TDL if we are out of the playoffs?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Move Sutter at TDL if we are out of the playoffs?  

Yes.  If we are realistically out of contention and have little to no chance of making the Wildcard.

Edited by Hindustan Smyl
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Yes.  If we are realistically out of contention and have little to no chance of making the Wildcard.

I would too.  But I think we will be in a playoff spot, so the point will likely be moot.

I think we need to extend Tanev.  I wonder if JB has a plan to extend or trade Tanev.  Might depend on how well OJ is doing.  Kind of like Gaudette's progress effects the Sutter decision.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I would too.  But I think we will be in a playoff spot, so the point will likely be moot.

I think we need to extend Tanev.  I wonder if JB has a plan to extend or trade Tanev.  Might depend on how well OJ is doing.  Kind of like Gaudette's progress effects the Sutter decision.  

Extending Tanev would be nice, but we have to be careful with how we spend our money.   Petey, Hughes, and Markstrom will need to get PAID.   Guys like Stecher, Virtanen, and Gaudette are RFA’s as well.   What happens if Tryamkin wants to come back?   I think it goes without saying that Important decisions will need to be made.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.