The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Turris for Eriksson/Sutter Deal?

11 hours ago, the grinder said:

, you can kiss petey or hughes bye then  we need to gain cap space not extend  "a' loui  type contract" for 2 more years , we want to lose that type of contract . The canucks have already paid loui most of his money ,they can buy loui out next year,   so again  it doesn't make any sense on the canuck side 

kiss 2 future RFA's good bye? I said it before there is another expansion draft coming up, Turris plays half decent he likely gets plucked. But anyway, just thought I would come up with a different proposal to try rid us of some useless overpaid defensive players for a player with more offense albeit with longer term. 

I don't think Loui will be an issue after this season.  For one thing, his NTC becomes modified, so if the Nucks retain (1m) he might be appealing to a team trying to reach cap minimum (6m cap for 3m salary).  The other factor is that once he receives his (3m) singing bonus next summer, there is a very good chance he will simply retire and return to Sweden.  I really can't imagine that he is enjoying his time in Vancouver and it will likely become worse over time.

The bottom line, is that there are +++ more options for dealing with LE's contract after this season.  The likelihood of him playing for the the Canucks next season is very low.  Trading him for a (questionable) longer term contract would be a mistake at this point.

13 hours ago, mll said:

Kekaleinen after the Worlds where Wennberg played C1 for Sweden said he looked great and there was no reason to think he couldn't rebound.  He was saying that Wennberg simply had a bad year. Doesn't sound like they are looking to trade him just yet.  

2 bad years with concussion history

2 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

2 bad years with concussion history

He has averaged over 18:30 since the start of the season (3 games) - most of any C on their team and 2nd among Fs.   They are certainly putting him in a position to rebound.

Just now, mll said:

He has averaged over 18:30 since the start of the season (3 games) - most of any C on their team and 2nd among Fs.   They are certainly putting him in a position to rebound.

lol i just wanna get rid of louie, guy s a major road block

No. Cap is not an issue and Turris' contract will make it an issue. Benning has set up the contracts a certain way for a reason. Sutter, Baer and Pearson's contracts up in 2 years. Beagle, Eriksson, Roussel up in 3. Contract situation is pretty good. Spooner's buyout gone in 2 years and Lu's recap gone when Boeser is up. Lets not take any longer term bad contracts for short term roster fixes. 

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

kiss 2 future RFA's good bye? I said it before there is another expansion draft coming up, Turris plays half decent he likely gets plucked. But anyway, just thought I would come up with a different proposal to try rid us of some useless overpaid defensive players for a player with more offense albeit with longer term. 

lol to get another boat anchor contract player with more term  ,  yep you cant keep both rfa's  you need that 6 million to pay one of them , we just signed brock for 6.25  what do you think petey or quinn will want  ?  and then brock is up in 3 years and im sure bo will want some more money ,   expansion draft  if seattle follows the vegas  model no way they touch kt , they are going to target d men and young forwards and goalies , the only way kt would get picked up is you would have throw a 2nd round pick or a good roster player in ,

why bother to do all that  when we can simply buy loui out  next year  

6 hours ago, the grinder said:

lol to get another boat anchor contract player with more term  ,  yep you cant keep both rfa's  you need that 6 million to pay one of them , we just signed brock for 6.25  what do you think petey or quinn will want  ?  and then brock is up in 3 years and im sure bo will want some more money ,   expansion draft  if seattle follows the vegas  model no way they touch kt , they are going to target d men and young forwards and goalies , the only way kt would get picked up is you would have throw a 2nd round pick or a good roster player in ,

why bother to do all that  when we can simply buy loui out  next year  

Brock makes under 6m fyi. With the cap going up we won't have an issues signing those 2, may be a bridge deal for 1 of them.  Buying out LE doesn't save much of any cap space and spreads it out for more years. 

We all have our opinions, I don' think this type of trade sinks us or makes us worse but that's MY opinion only

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Brock makes under 6m fyi. With the cap going up we won't have an issues signing those 2, may be a bridge deal for 1 of them.  Buying out LE doesn't save much of any cap space and spreads it out for more years. 

We all have our opinions, I don' think this type of trade sinks us or makes us worse but that's MY opinion only

well it saves a lot more than 6 mil  at extra 2 years for a total of 12 million and that's a fact not an opinion ,  yep brock makes less than 6 for 2 years and year 3 he makes 7;5 million  the cap hit is 5.725  , you don't know if the cap is going up ,  everyone said it was going up this year and it didn't  and that's a fact  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the grinder said:

well it saves a lot more than 6 mil  at extra 2 years for a total of 12 million and that's a fact not an opinion ,  yep brock makes less than 6 for 2 years and year 3 he makes 7;5 million  the cap hit is 5.725  , you don't know if the cap is going up ,  everyone said it was going up this year and it didn't  and that's a fact  

The cap may actually stay where it is for a few years.  The players hat paying escrow, which is around 15%.  The cap is actually 15% less than the number used.  How many years will it take for revenues to increase 15% to catch up to where it is now?  That could easily be 3-5 seasons.