Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot85

[Discussion] The Trade Value Of Mr. Adam Gaudette

Given our upcoming cap storms, I do wonder if someone like Gaudette could be used to recoup the first round pick that we traded away?

I’m not saying that we should do that, but I’m wondering if that’s an option?

1 hour ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Given our upcoming cap storms, I do wonder if someone like Gaudette could be used to recoup the first round pick that we traded away?

I’m not saying that we should do that, but I’m wondering if that’s an option?

Gaudettes value is greater to the canucks then the potential return as Adam is young, cheap and improving.

No one is paying a 1st for Gaudette so that's where any offer will end. I wish Milbury was still a GM...

• Upvote 1

Not much. He doesn't have a lot of value.

64 games only 5 goals. He's 23yrs old so not very young anymore..

He needs to score goals and show some offensive talent to be an NHL player. 

There's no point in trading him. Just send him to Utica and bring him up when needed due to injuries. 

Descent depth player but nothing special. 

Gaudette's situation is so hard to assess.

He has so much potential and his energy level is so high but he just hasn't been able to secure an every day spot (mostly due to contractual obligations, imo).

His preseason should've earned him a full-time spot but, again imo, Sutter got the spot because of his contract which, I felt, was really unfair and totally contradicts what Benning and Co. said about making a spots available for youth.

As to what his value is, it's so hard to say because he's not been able to get a real chance to show what he can do in an everyday role. He gets games here and there but then is sat again for another undetermined amount of time.

The only reason I even bring up Adam's name in a deal is because TG seems reluctant to commit to him. 

If they're not going to give him a chance, I'm totally ok with them moving him somewhere he will get that chance.

It is rumoured Taylor Hall might be available in a deal. 

Gaudette could be a great fit in NJ where they've begun gathering some great youth. It may be time for them to look to some young depth and Gaudette would provide that.

Taylor hall is 27 years old and entering is in the last year of his contract. He is a great offensive, intense talent but has been injury bitten lately. This could work to our favour come contract time. Being in Vancouver also gives him the opportunity to stick it to the Oilers on a regular basis.

Adam Gaudette is still young but is still a bit raw. He needs regular NHL time.

Gaudette for Hall could make sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

Gaudette's situation is so hard to assess.

He has so much potential and his energy level is so high but he just hasn't been able to secure an every day spot (mostly due to contractual obligations, imo).

His preseason should've earned him a full-time spot but, again imo, Sutter got the spot because of his contract which, I felt, was really unfair and totally contradicts what Benning and Co. said about making a spots available for youth.

As to what his value is, it's so hard to say because he's not been able to get a real chance to show what he can do in an everyday role. He gets games here and there but then is sat again for another undetermined amount of time.

The only reason I even bring up Adam's name in a deal is because TG seems reluctant to commit to him. 

If they're not going to give him a chance, I'm totally ok with them moving him somewhere he will get that chance.

It is rumoured Taylor Hall might be available in a deal. 

Gaudette could be a great fit in NJ where they've begun gathering some great youth. It may be time for them to look to some young depth and Gaudette would provide that.

Taylor hall is 27 years old and entering is in the last year of his contract. He is a great offensive, intense talent but has been injury bitten lately. This could work to our favour come contract time. Being in Vancouver also gives him the opportunity to stick it to the Oilers on a regular basis.

Adam Gaudette is still young but is still a bit raw. He needs regular NHL time.

Gaudette for Hall could make sense.

With Madden looking like he will be our number three centre in a couple years, I don’t mind trading Gaudette.  Hall is only a rental though.