The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

But what about all those advanced stats that suggest he's only a 3rd pairing dman?

Those are the same advanced stats not taking his partners' abilities and tendencies into account. Or how some players *need* to play many minutes to stay engaged in the game. Sticking him with Trouba, Kulikov, or Byfuglien and playing him for 16 mins a game is a recipe for disaster. He's a higher risk offensive top pairing guy, and Jim stole him from free agency.

Myers and Edler look *really* good together. They play a very similar game "thinking" style, with Myers obviously being the more offensive of the two. But I haven't seen D-D passing consistently accurate between our guys, and so quickly from joining the team since Hamhuis and Bieksa so many years ago.

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’m up at 5am. I feel your pain brother

I am going back to that schedule next week. 0_0 lol.  I'm debating getting up at 4:30am instead but it means I will be forced to watch less 7pm starts.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Drinks were pouring tonight, waking up @ 6 AM will be tough haha, but I don’t care we won. Can’t wait too finally talk some smack, living in Calgary, imagine my pain!

I lived in Calgary for 4+ years.  The Canucks missed the play-offs every year.  I moved to Cali in the spring of 2001 and they go 8-1-1 in their last 10 games to sneak into the play-offs.  They lost to Wings in 6 games but they were up 2-0 and probably should have beat the Wings but that was the year Dan C. gave up the goal to Lidstrom from center ice & they were never the same after that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I lived in Calgary for 4+ years.  The Canucks missed the play-offs every year.  I moved to Cali in the spring of 2001 and they go 8-1-1 in their last 10 games to sneak into the play-offs.  They lost to Wings in 6 games but they were up 2-0 and probably should have beat the Wings but that was the year Dan C. gave up the goal to Lidstrom from center ice & they were never the same after that.

Aww sorry brother. But hey we are Canuckians!

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Went to the game tonight and it didn't feeling like I had ever gone to a more energized game since 2011.  

This was one to remember.

Best part was how the arena went insane when Bertuzzi came out

that was really great to see. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I remember that!! I am 32 haah

• Upvote 1

I have been reading, so I am just getting to this point now, but

I am wondering, if not having a lot of games to start the season, has been a real good thing for us. IMO, it's given us enough games to evaluate our systems, and practice the adjustments that need to be made. aka Miller moving up to the 1st line, and actually having time to practice with Petey and Brock a couple of times before playing.

It has also given Quinn time to work on weaker points of his game, and again make those adjustments in practice instead of game conditions. It has also given Edler and Myers time to adjust to new partners, as well as Quinn and Tanev.

I have been bothered by the games being at such a slow rate, but really, I think it has been a blessing

Ironically, it also gave Jake time to get in shape and focus on his game, as the last 2 games he has looked very solid and much more ready...….

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2