The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

Stan Smyl in my books was the better leader one that would take on guys 30 to 40 pounds heavier than himself for his team and Linden well he got bullied by middle weights and I’d say he got handled more often than not when he did drop em.

Wondering how many fights Henrik or Markus had? Fighting doesn’t make you a better captain.  Not bashing Steamer, but different leadership styles. Anyhow, there were reports some time ago that TL had a long planned event out of town.  Too lazy to look up a source, but we’ll see if he shows for Burrows ROH night.

Edited by sonoman
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, brownky said:

Petri Skriko!

One of the best Canucks on one of the worst teams in NHL history... for 3 years in a row.

Him, Tanti and Sundstrom were pretty much all that separated us from oblivion.

You missed Steamer and Gus there as well. 

5 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

He's not saying anything untrue...we lost our first 2 games and one was against Edmonton. Quick was having a very bad night. Come on...8-2 WOW. If someone came on here and predicted the score they would have been laughed off the forum LOL. I am happy that we got the win on Bo's night for sure. And I am happy that we have some weight off the shoulders. Hopefully we can build off this. 

so you are saying a team like that? Doughty is a over the hill big baby that needs to keep his mouth shut!!!  he is such an embarrassment!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, apollo said:

Drew can say what he wants but Ben Hutton did not play bad at all. Him and walker were their best dman. 

Hutton ended the night with a point an even plus minus... He's +3 for the year on a pathetic LA team. 

Drew -3, thanks for coming though. 

When your goaltending is that poor, anybody could get a -3 hung on them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, apollo said:

Drew can say what he wants but Ben Hutton did not play bad at all. Him and walker were their best dman. 

Hutton ended the night with a point an even plus minus... He's +3 for the year on a pathetic LA team. 

Drew -3, thanks for coming though. 

Drew Poughty is going to have to wake up and realize they are now a declining team and they will be our Bit*# for many years to come. The sooner he shuts his mouth and accepts his new roll in the NHL the better off he’ll be. 

Hey Drew, the bright light of your excellent career is dimming and flickering.

3A246072-DFAF-4FDA-91BD-AEF5DB3D8C9F.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tyler Myers quietly had a strong game I thought. 

Then of course Jacob Markstrom is kinda getting lost in this, what did he make like 35 saves? 37? Something like that? He was really sharp when they needed to be. LA had some good moments, really took it too us in the 2nd, and Marky shut the door when need be.

Doughty's a baby, "team like that", you mean a better team than yours? Finished higher in the standings last year & will again this season. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Tonight in many ways reminded me of this game:

In the start of 2009-10 season, the Canucks started the year 0-3-0 before routing the Canadiens 7-1 to their first win. Tonight have a very similar feel to the game.

Is that the best fight ever in Canucks history? Ripper giving away 8 inches and probably 40-50 pounds. What a warrior he was. RIP :( 

• Like 2

The Kings thought they played better than the score indicated. 

Its what they call “garbage time” in the NFL . When a team is blowing out the other team and takes their foot off the gas. Coasting to an easy win while the losers rack up some stats towards the end of the day.

Drew Pouty is the biggest whiner in the NHL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brownky said:

If Ferland had anything like that bug I had a couple weeks ago, it's no wonder he's looking a little rusty out there. I've still got reminants of a little devil; night sweats, significant loss of appetite and malaise... sinus headaches, migraine triggering. Mostly over it now, but got back on the ice a couple times last week and holy crap I looked (and felt) terrible. So I can only imagine against professionals how that would amplify, especially when you won't even be close to full strength.

That sounded fun.. NOT!  I've noticed over the years that the sicknesses floating around are getting worse and on top of that their lasting longer in duration...

Those symptoms sound what I had awhile back and add sore throat for a week of it and it lasted almost a full month..  nasty! 

• Upvote 1