The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

why did they leave Quick in for all 8 goals?...you would think after the 6th he would have got the mercy pull?

Great game for the Nux home opener and the fans.

Captain my Captain...Bo Canucks Bo!

I think after coaching Koskinen last year that maybe Mclellan thought Quick was doing all right?:ph34r:

Edited by hlinkas wrister
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, poetica said:

" It's [Expletive] embarrassing. A team like that shouldn't be beating a team like ours 8-2, Doughty told reporters. There's absolutely no way." [source]

Pouty Doughty whining is just the icing on the cake! :gocan:

Doughty is one of the biggest douches in the game today.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Totally agree on this...

Up until Leivo scored, he was not playing particularly well, for his top 6 minutes... 

I would have liked to see Baer together with Bo and Pearson, and who knows, we may get to at some stage.

With Ferland not gabbing the chance on the top line, and not really fitting in as of yet, there is definitely an opening on the 2nd line, which would fit Baertschi perfectly, except both he and Pearson are playing LW... Not sure if Pearson can play RW as I don't see them taking him of the 2nd line... But I would really like Baer there with Bo and Pearson if possible. 

And imagine 6 from 7 of Ferland, Roussel, Virtanen, Beagle, Motte, Sutter and Gaudette on the bottom 2 lines... That's some feisty lines with scoring potential... Maybe even 6 from 8 if Schaller can continue he play from yesterday... 

Maybe Leivo can play on the 3rd line... ?

If looks like its 2 from Leivo, LE and Baer for Utica, once Motte and Roussel are back, unless they sends Gaudette down (I can not see that happen, as he is very involved, but of course he needs to keep it up, as he would be the easy way out for management). All this of course only an issue if we stay healthy, and when has that ever happened. Maybe Leivo can play on the 3rd line, but who to leave out then?

And also agree on Goldie. Just don't see any room for him, unless we get injuries on the top line.... and it will also be extremely hard for LE to ever get a look in, if this is how they are going to play. 

Think this is going to be a very interesting team to follow over the next few years... just wow....

You bet.   Maybe it’s recent nostalgia but  I’m sure Bear would help the second line produce more then Leivo or anyone else not named Miller and maybe Pearson (he’s playing for a contract and it’s showing, picked up from where they left last year) ... from a pure offensive viewpoint I think that Pearson Horvat Bear would be the best fit assuming Miller stays up with EP and Boeser which I think he will.  He’s good enough to play on his off-wing. 

Roussel will most definitely play in the bottom six  when he’s back I agree no way AG goes down again if things stay the same which they should - Sutter had a terrific game...think maybe it’d JV that needs to be looking behind his shoulder - even though he had a good game too.   Roussel AG Sutter is a possibility.  

That would mean the fourth lines R wing would come down to JV or Leivo...Leivo should be in the press box, and even though I’ve been a big LE supporter, with a full lineup I’m not sure if it’s him or Leivo that should go.  

Nice to have these problems, I suppose it will come down to whose playing well and whose injured more then anything...but it’s hard not to wonder why Leivo is gifted these minutes - perhaps one or two of our guys are being shopped still and this is a way to boost their stock?   You’d think it’d Leivo as he’s a tradeable asset unlike LE.

Still think this is a tactical decision by management (waiving Bear when it’s easy for him to slip through).  My bet is within a month or so he will be back, and this time he won’t be going anywhere as long as he’s healthy.   He probably knows he will get another shot and when he does should make the most of it.  And it will give the team a boost as he’s definitely > then Motte, LE and Leivo

I don’t dislike Leivo, I just find it questionable that he’s the guy out of Ferland, Bear, LE, Goldobin, Sutter, JV, and AG that they’ve decided should get the juiciest assignments.   So far at least he hasn’t produced enough to warrant such plum shifts.   Have to wonder how any of these other guys would do with the same linemates and same PP minutes.   Yes R wing after BB is thin.   Why not give JV the same leash at this point instead?   And no way is he as gifted as Bear is offensively. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, poetica said:

" It's [Expletive] embarrassing. A team like that shouldn't be beating a team like ours 8-2, Doughty told reporters. There's absolutely no way." [source]

Pouty Doughty whining is just the icing on the cake! :gocan:

Kind of sounds like a shot at Quick.  The score was 8-2.

32 minutes ago, WZRD said:

Just before Hughes’ goal it looks like the Kings’ player threw his right elbow back which hit Gaudette in the head and caused him to fall. Luckily it doesn’t seem like Gaudette was injured. 

Gaudette is one tough SOB that isn't afraid to get to the dirty areas is another thing I took away from last game. He almost had a highlight reel assist as well. Endless motor on the kid. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Ferland is intriguing to me.  He's powerful and has good hands around the net, bit his skating isn't as good as I thought it would be.  I'd like to see him shift btw Bo and Gaudette to find chemistry.  I'd even like to see him with Miller and EP, and maybe try Boeser with Bo and Pearson to see if that clicks.  

1 hour ago, EP Phone Home said:

Was such a team effort for the Fans, the Canuck Legends and of course the new Captain Bo.

Can’t get enough of how smooth Quinn can skate the puck out of the defensive zone into the the offensive zone with such a silky style. We have never had this except maybe the closest with Hoff and Jeff Brown. But still we finally have the PMD that we desperately need and truly deserve after 50 years. On to the next one with the broad street bullies!

0F5A966B-9EAE-4F97-B1F3-44962DD9BB5E.jpeg

Great work, but maybe you can photoshop a maple leaf on his chest instead of the star. Outfit still looks too American as is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2