The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Los Angeles Kings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 09, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

The organization did a really good job, but Trevor had to be there.  It's crazy that he wasn't.  The three Captains that led us to the Cup Final had to be there.  Whatever the issue is between Trevor and our owner is, our organization looks bad for him not being there.  

Does anyone have the official excuse for Trevor not being there?

somewhere I read he was out of the country - the Canucks did invite him

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Was Trevor invited?  Do we know that for certain?  It took a long time (too long IMO) for the organization to apologize to Bure.  It's wrong Trevor wasn't there.  It only supports the belief that Trevor quit as President because of something wrong with ownership.

Yes, and allegedly he was out of town.

How are you feeling today Alfie?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

And how is that relevant to this Post Game Thread? Unless theres been a trade between Buffalo and LA involving Dahlin.

Maybe try looking at the post I was responding to rather than ignorantly trying to start an argument.

8 hours ago, cory40 said:

I sure got ripped on Quinns draft year when I said that he would be the best offensive defenseman from the draft. And I still stand by my call to take him 1st over all. Could we have accidently won another draft lottery?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Maybe try looking at the post I was responding to rather than ignorantly trying to start an argument.

I wasn't trying to start an argument. 

I was just confused that's all. Sorry if mistaken.

Your point is valid. I absolutely agree with u on Hughes being the best offensive Dman in that draft year is an overstatement. 

Let us be in good spirts tho. Come on.

We just won 8-2. Have our first Captain since Hank. Had our Home opener to this season. :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'm still trying to figure out what in the world Doughty could have been whining to the ref about on the Hughes goal. It wasn't close to offside or even close to interference. The Kings were undressed on that rush and beaten fair and square. He slammed his stick on the ice in frustration and ran straight to the ref. Unbelievable! Well, not really!

I know.  It really makes you wonder what was in his mind.