The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

HOCKEY AS A CANUCK FAN NOT LIKE IT USE TO BE

hockeygod77

Being an old guy and watching hockey from the 80's and 90's, there is no resemblance of the game today. Everyone used to shun at European hockey, calling that a woosy game, and now that's what we are watching in the NHL!  I know there were more fights and goons then, but it's not just about fighting, it's about sticking up for your comrades and the pure "do anything mantelity to win", not much of that anymore, it's "how does my hair look on camera" way too much in the league now.

I still enjoy hockey, always will but now I'm more excited before the game comes on than actually watching it. What does that tell ya.

Edited by Canckelhead

7 hours ago, apollo said:

Nope never have. But what hockey players do is more difficult. Skating on ice is a whole other element that's far more taxing on the body. 

I've definitely never got in an MMA ring but could take any one my weight if he wanted to drop the gloves on the ice with skates :)

Also blocking a Puck where u have no padding is way worse than a punch. Way more force. 

You're delusional. Take a punch to the face, calf kick or get put to sleep and come talk to me. 

1 hour ago, mephnick said:

Do people still like UFC?

I stopped watching almost a decade ago because it got so boring. No personality and no cool unique styles left. It's so weird you'd make that complaint about the NHL but praise the milquetoast modern UFC.

I said MMA as a whole. Believe it or not, MMA doesn't just mean UFC. Fighting is fighting. You can't change it. I am not interested in the outside antics.