The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

13 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks Flyers sooo exciting....it’s crazy.

Hopefully Canucks PP is on fire today and the Canucks pk remains a prefect 100%

i just wish it’s was Sportsnet John and John tonight and not CBC.

Id like to point out that CBC is just the channel that broadcasts the game, Rogers owns sportsnet and sportsnet is technically the network for HNIC. Therefore, J&J could call this game if that's how they were assigned. But that being aside, why listen to J&J all 82? They are not even that exciting, I fall asleep to their commentary most of the time. The best guys are Randorf & Hughson.

Also its Randorf / DeBrusk calling tonights game.

Edited by Shaelon
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 4

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks Flyers sooo exciting....it’s crazy.

Hopefully Canucks PP is on fire today and the Canucks pk remains a prefect 100%

i just wish it’s was Sportsnet John and John tonight and not CBC.

BC316DC6-1EBD-41CC-B2A8-4D539A410113.gif

CBC is so stale.

And Toronto-centric.

We always have to watch the eastern game, overtime, shoot out, interviews, fawning highlights when, meanwhile, our game has already started and they have all the technology to show ours and send that Leaf, Hab, crap back east where it belongs, but they don't.

Sometimes its not even hockey; its frickin' boring American baseball or criminals playing American basketball or whatever the All American Toronto audience wants.

Ron (throw Burr under the bus) MacLean is a creep, creeping around the party half-undressed and half-drunk.

Smarmy Simp Simpson with his Edmonton/Toronto bias and know-it-all (but doesn't) attitude, and non-stop motor mouth even when the play has restarted, and he talks over the the play-by-play.

John and John are so much better, both at play-by-play and colour commentary (plus Cheech is an ex-Canuck and pure-bred homer).

Plus (and I will stop now), our tax dollars go to paying these overpaid drips.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

When I first glanced at the roster on the GDT, I thought I saw, "LINDROS" on one of the jerseys and it stopped me short.

Kinda hated ruining New Years Eve back then as the Flyers were so hard to beat.

The Flyers used to "retire" to Severin's (Gai Paree Nightclub) in Burnaby after their games so it was kinda neat (but bittersweet) to see them at the club later.

It was disco back then (I know, I know, but at least everybody danced and had a good time).

Severin's parking lot side, where the party continued after last call:

image.jpeg.7ecc724b91c61b6b6403eb2b0237ab03.jpeg

Also, don't miss the Lions game at 4:00; they're roaring again.

speaking of disco......Friends and I used to go to Pharoah’s Retreat after games as the Canucks (and Blazers lol) used to go there.

3 hours ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Still can’t believe Philly dished out $10 mill for Hayes of all people. That contract will be the death of them.

What would make me very happy is a win before I run the Victoria half marathon tomorrow. Get er done boys! :towel:

GL on the run in that beautiful town. Go hard eh!

• Like 1