Sign in to follow this  
AlwaysACanuckFan

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

Hope the boys continue where they left off last game. Captain Bo will lead us to another victory and we celebrate a tight win. 3-2 Canucks. Petey, Boeser and Jake with the goals. Marky continues his lights out play between the pipes. GCG!

• Like 1

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the strength (or lack thereof ) of the bottom six . Has anybody taken time to look at the bottom six of any other teams ? Do people think most other teams have a star studded bottom six ? Maybe take a spin through a few other bottom 6 groups and prepare to be unimpressed in general. I actually don't think in terms of talent the Canucks' bottom 6 is too terrible; not great but probably not quite as bad as the media makes it out to be. 

39 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

you're about 40% right - everything in bold is wrong

I agree with you I like DeBrusk he surprised me the first time I watched him. He's a lot more impartial than I expected...

• Upvote 1

This one is a very winnable game...... but first we need to score quick.... and get in the head of Carter hart.... hes a top end goalie and when hes on.... hes elite.

Strike first.

Strike hard.

28 minutes ago, 6string said:

They were in Europe for game 1 of the season.

Doesn’t detract from my post in the slightest. But neat. 

• Hydration 1

27 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

There has been a lot of discussion regarding the strength (or lack thereof ) of the bottom six . Has anybody taken time to look at the bottom six of any other teams ? Do people think most other teams have a star studded bottom six ? Maybe take a spin through a few other bottom 6 groups and prepare to be unimpressed in general. I actually don't think in terms of talent the Canucks' bottom 6 is too terrible; not great but probably not quite as bad as the media makes it out to be. 

Problem is we are squeezing Leivo into our top 6....he is not really a top 6 guy ....Pearson has played well as well but really not a true top 6 guy 

he have spots In the top 6 to slot in propects....or Baer 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Upvote 1

Baer and Goldy both in Utica's line-up tonight

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Interesting interview with a previous Canucks head coach,  Alain Vigneault of the Philadelphia Flyers, his coaching approach:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Baer and Goldy both in Utica's line-up tonight

Maybe I'll watch Utica for the first time ever...

50 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

I agree with you I like DeBrusk he surprised me the first time I watched him. He's a lot more impartial than I expected...

Yeah, I didn't used to like him cuz it seemed he was favoring the Oilers (not surprisingly).  Then sometime in the last couple years, he had fair things to say about the Canucks, so he got on my good side.

I liked Randorf on the Page ever so long ago, but I can't stand him as an announcer.

I miss John n John.  Got stuck with the NBC Sports feed on Wednesday.   It was far better than Fox Sports, which is what I expected to get, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Fingers crossed on Shorty for tonight, since all the other Canadian teams play/played today.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Boucher scores to make it 1-0 , with 2 mins left in the 1st

• Thanks 1

AV is a Great Coach imo and his time with Canucks organization will always be remembered from Moose day to Game 7 SC finals.

im a AV fan so I wish him the best. But not tonight, those flyers are going to get their azzes whipped...Big Time.

Go Canucks Goo....and PR people keep zunga-ing.

92CE425D-183E-40E0-A0C1-99525C67C983.gif

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Boucher scores to make it 1-0 , with 2 mins left in the 1st

post in utica thread?

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, LateNightBus said:

Interesting interview with a previous Canucks head coach,  Alain Vigneault of the Philadelphia Flyers, his coaching approach:

My favorite coach! Best game interviews!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Boucher again, on the PP, from Goldy and Juolevi, makes it 2 - 0

This is good sign for Canucks tonite.

I guess Marky continuous solid.

BB will get his first goal, then he will on fire in the coming games, bringing more victories.

The top lines will totally put up 10 points.

Guad and Sutter might surprise me again.

Finally Canucks win 7-2 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I like the John & John dual.....imo they’re the best right now. 

Its easy on the brain entertaining homer play by play commentary.

but everyone has their own likes and favorites.

Go Canucks Go.

Shorthouse + DeBrusk would be my ideal duo for a national feed. If the Flames get Rick Ball (their SNet West daily commentator) on all of their HNIC games, we should get Shorty every once in a while. Shorty has got one of the best voices on the SNet roster right now. And not having Cheech would take away the homerism.

• Upvote 2