The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

Just now, J-23 said:

Wtf you’re saying something different each post lol.

Thats enough CDC for today.

No I’m not, I’ve never changed one thing I’ve said ever. If you can’t rewatch

the play or read the rule book, don’t complain about calls then just give up on the conversation because you don’t understand.

Just now, canuck2288 said:

They trapped the entire period attempting to defend a 1 goal lead

replay the period, we trapped the entire period 

I watched the third period there were a lot of offensive zone chances that went wide were blocked or lost control of the puck too. They weren't solely trapping. 

Also lets not forget there’s 2 teams on the ice and Philly always plays a hard game playing down. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I watched the third period there were a lot of offensive zone chances that went wide were blocked or lost control of the puck too. They weren't solely trapping. 

Also lets not forget there’s 2 teams on the ice and Philly always plays a hard game playing down. 

I get that but when we roll lines ... and trap it’s too easy for AV to plan his next move 

you have to double shift to knock them off balance go from line 3 back to 1 and then AV needs to adapt 

4 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

The passes were a touch too hard from Hughes 

he could not time the shot 

There was a pass to start the PP to the right side of the net and Petey needed to unload and he hesitated it would have been the game winner, rewind and watch the start of that PP. You will see it, right off the set up the pass was just fine. Clutching the stick to hard Pete. Let’r Buck. 

Edited by Bertorama

5 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

There was a pass to start the PP to the right side of the net and Petey needed to unload and he hesitated it would have been the game winner, rewind and watch the start of that PP. You will see it, right off the set up the pass was just fine. Clutching the stick to hard Pete. Let’r Buck. 

You are right but if you go back to that replay you see the shooting lane blocked 

We need to move Petey and the whole power play around. Our power play is old fashioned and outdated. We stand in the same position with zero player rotation. Too easy to block shooting lanes and specifically cover EP

Edited by canuck2288

5 minutes ago, 70seven said:

2 points is 2 points, but worst effort of the year so far imo. 

Pearson, Miller, Markstrom and the entire d-core wth effective outings outside a couple Edler blunders. 

Pettersson looks unsure of himself.  Nice to seem him display emotion after not scoring on the PP, and bearing down with a shootout beauty. 

I really dont like Boesers game...  I hope he gets better. 

Shoutout to the 4th line tonight too who had an effective forecheck I thought. 

All around... still need significant work on team passing.  But good effort, dzone is tightening up.  Nice to see the forecheck throughout the lineup and paying off.

Markstrom is legit. 

I think the game in Calgary was worse. 

D core is solid. Adding Meyers, Benn, and Hughes is a major upgrade.

Markstrom picked up right where he left off last year. No rust what so ever. 

EP40 and Boeser both seem to be missing the net a lot. Maybe it has more to do with them being focused on by the D and pressured than any skill or confidence issues. 

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

No, Campbell made his career due to his daddy's complete lack of integrity.

Well we know that Gregory’s SCup-win was very greasy, to say the least. 

(Rome suspension, Burrows backlash, ingratiated trio of Sutherland/ O’Halloran/ Devorski selected to officiate, non-suspension to Boychuk, etc.) 

I will never forgive nor forget the many injustices of 2011 - until the Canucks raise the Cup. 

Hopefully the Canucks won’t have to face yet another cup-starved & league enabled O-6 team, in yet another final series/game 7 to get it.

Those ODDS are painfully hard to overcome. 

Edited by viking mama

8 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Calgary got mollywhopped 6-2, I think you woulda been fine. :bigblush:

Good more for us, I don’t CARE, my ex is a die hard Flames fan. Now I am dating a die hard Oiler fan, 5-0. How do I attract them? I swear I feel like I am going though the whole Pacific Division here.

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You are right but if you go back to that replay you see the shooting lane blocked 

We need to move Petey and the whole power play around. Our power play is old fashioned and outdated. We stand in the same position with zero player rotation. Too easy to block shooting lanes and specifically cover EP

I feel he would have got that shot through but I’ll agree with you our power play looks like a novice league setup. We need to let some of the creativity to come from the players. Case in point the flyers generated something out of nothing with no set up just relied on talent. 

2 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

I feel he would have got that shot through but I’ll agree with you our power play looks like a novice league setup. We need to let some of the creativity to come from the players. Case in point the flyers generated something out of nothing with no set up just relied on talent. 

And an extremely weak play at the point by Sutter 

• -SN- locked this topic