The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

7 minutes ago, Schmutzhaken said:

Shorthouse + DeBrusk would be my ideal duo for a national feed. If the Flames get Rick Ball (their SNet West daily commentator) on all of their HNIC games, we should get Shorty every once in a while. Shorty has got one of the best voices on the SNet roster right now. And not having Cheech would take away the homerism.

I like Chech he’s the biggest Homer out there. Every year he’s the only Sportnet guy to pick Canucks to win the cup every year.  

Tom Larscheid was a great homer too. Tom added great energy too the broadcast.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

Because you previously stated that the flying V was "the worst jersey in sports".

Clearly you're kidding. There have been far, FAR worse. I named two hockey jerseys off the top of my head...and haven't even considered other sports.

The only time I would ever see Buffalo or Arizona is *possibly* when they play the Canucks , so once again why would I care what their uniforms like look - I never see them:P::D

2 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

This one is a very winnable game...... but first we need to score quick.... and get in the head of Carter hart.... hes a top end goalie and when hes on.... hes elite.

Strike first.

Strike hard.

Show No Mercy.   If you haven't checked out season 1 & 2 of Kobra Kai on youtube - it's really good.  The episodes are only 20 - 30 minutes and they move really quickly

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, I didn't used to like him cuz it seemed he was favoring the Oilers (not surprisingly).  Then sometime in the last couple years, he had fair things to say about the Canucks, so he got on my good side.

I liked Randorf on the Page ever so long ago, but I can't stand him as an announcer.

I miss John n John.  Got stuck with the NBC Sports feed on Wednesday.   It was far better than Fox Sports, which is what I expected to get, so I wasn't too disappointed.

Fingers crossed on Shorty for tonight, since all the other Canadian teams play/played today.

For some reason I got lucky and was able the Canucks home feed.  That Fox Sports LA group are a bunch of goofs.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Show No Mercy.   If you haven't checked out season 1 & 2 of Kobra Kai on youtube - it's really good.  The episodes are only 20 - 30 minutes and they move really quickly

Johnnys old trans am is awesome.

im actually routing for team cobra kai. Daniel is too whiny.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

The only time I would ever see Buffalo or Arizona is *possibly* when they play the Canucks , so once again why would I care what their uniforms like look - I never see them:P::D

So, in other words, you have absolutely no idea what your previous claim is.

Got it.

No further discussion with you on this subject is necessary because you clearly haven't a clue what you're talking about.

3 hours ago, redhdlois said:

speaking of disco......Friends and I used to go to Pharoah’s Retreat after games as the Canucks (and Blazers lol) used to go there.

And later, The Body Shop.

Found almost the whole team (except Bure and Odjick) at Carlo's & Bud's after a playoff game one time (Marty Gelinas era).

Left them alone for the most part but there was so many of them, Babych even had a brother or two there, and then a bunch of us were standing outside for, well you know, and several Canucks were milling around too (but not partaking that we could see).

It was pretty cool; Canucks everywhere!  (I still have the paper match book but didn't bother anyone for autographs or anything.)

Had a good chat with Marty though, shook his hand, and then took "the hand that shook Martin Gelinas' hand" out partying to share with everyone.

Like, "Do you want to shake that hand that etc. (It was like an old-fashioned selfie in a way I guess cuz nobody had mobile phones back then.)

He played his heart out for us and took a horrible beating in front of the net and never got a call; I thanked him, and he said, "For what?"

After I said for playing so hard and taking so many shots and not getting a call and he kinda shook his head and said something like, "I know".

• Like 1