The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ICBC Excessive Speeding Prohibition

Thirty Niner

12 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Last time I checked following car too closely might cause and accident and falls under reckless endangerment.

My aim is to get the tailgater off my “rear end” and prevent an accident.

I never insinuated that I have some high ground, that is just you assuming things.

Last time I checked, slowing down purposely with someone following you too closely is also likely to cause an accident and is the opposite of defensive driving and being a courteous driver.

The best way to get a tailgater off your rear end is to keep right except to pass.

Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, aGENT said:

Last time I checked, slowing down purposely with someone following you too closely is also likely to cause an accident and is the opposite of defensive driving and being a courteous driver.

The best way to get a tailgater off your rear end is to keep right except to pass.

Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

What happens if you are in the right lane and tailgater is behind you?

Not everyone obeys by the rules of the road.

Out of curiosity, where do drive to every day?

21 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

What happens if you are in the right lane and tailgater is behind you?

Not everyone obeys by the rules of the road.

Out of curiosity, where do drive to every day?

Then they're an idiot and should pull in to the left lane to pass you. Still doesn't mean you should add to the idiocy by not defensively driving and slowing down, at best causing traffic disruption to countless people behind both of you morons, or at worst, possibly causing an accident.

No, not everyone does. If all your friends jumped off a bridge...

The lower mainland. 

Edited by aGENT

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Then they're an idiot and should pull in to the left lane to pass you. Still doesn't mean you should add to the idiocy by not defensively driving and slowing down, at best causing traffic disruption to countless people behind both of you morons, or at worst, possibly causing an accident.

No, not everyone does. If all your friends jumped off a bridge...

The lower mainland. 

Stuff like that happens every day since we have close to 10 million people living in the metro area.

Its called avoiding being rear ended, obviously concept lost on pontificating dumb ass like you.

Feel free to pull over miss Daisy.

47 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Stuff like that happens every day since we have close to 10 million people living in the metro area.

Its called avoiding being rear ended, obviously concept lost on pontificating dumb ass like you.

Feel free to pull over miss Daisy.

So you're choosing to be part of the problem.

No, that's actually making it MORE likely to be rear ended and causing massive traffic disruption...Huzzah!

Nobody said you should pull over either. And I'm not a 'daisy', just a mature adult who apparently has more respect for the roadways than you.

source.gif

• 6 months later...