The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Knucklehd said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Boeser and Pettersen split...maybe not yet, but if they haven't got going in a couple more games. Than maybe:

Ferland Pettersen Miller

Pearson Horvat Boeser

Leivo Gaudette Sutter

Schaller Beagle Virtanen

I'd almost promote Jake to an offensive position and reward him for his strong play.  Ferland has been a ghost out there.  Where the **** is the banging and crashing?  Almost seeing zero energy from a guy advertised as a guy who would create sparks.

• Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, Greenman Wannabe said:

When you phrase it like that, it's not so bad, and I agree to a degree. 

To straight up say the song sucks is just silly.

I was under the impression it was “bang, bang, bang, bang” on a loop not “hey” so it made sense when I first heard it. I thought it was a good annoyance song for the opposition to hear similar to the chelseas dagger in Chicago.

26 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

No cap=no Baer

Only 1.075M can be buried in the minors.  The balance stays on the books.  Waiving Schaller, Baertschi or whoever else doesn't change the cap.  Benning explained that they had better players and insisted that it was not a cap decision.  

Edited by mll

33 minutes ago, JamesB said:

1. I have this as an official "steal" for Marky (at least on my scorecard).

2. Pearson continues to look good and so does Hughes. 

3. EP picked up an assist and scored a big shootout goal, but he still does not look like he has found his rhythm. I am not sure that the answer is to hesitate less and shoot more. I think EP has to play his game, and his game is built on offensive creativity, although he does have an excellent shot. However, both EP and Boeser are missing too many shot. On good opportunities they are sending more pucks high and wide than last year, when a lot of those pucks went in the corner. It could just be the law of averages, but I think EP has not fully adjusted to his greater muscle mass and that his accuracy and timing will improve, I also expect Boeser to continue to improve. I was more frustrated by off-target shots than by excessive hesitation.

4. It seemed to me that Leivo had a lot of good chances (which is good) but killed most of those chances by mishandling the puck (which is bad). Obviously Benning and Green think he was better than Baertschi, but I can see why a lot of people think that decision is questionable. I admit that Leivo plays with more intensity and I guess that is what they want.

5. I was surprised to see Virtanen credited with only one hit. I thought he made a few good hits and contributed to the physical game tonight, although he continues to disappear at times.  

6. Still disappointed by Ferland. I did not notice many good plays from him tonight and did notice quite a few misplays. According to Corsica he had the worst 5-on-5 Corsi among forwards on the team tonight.  (Hughes had the best 5-on-5 Corsi on the team tonight and the highest expected goals for.)

7. The third period was all Philly, but the Canucks were trying hard, including getting hurt blocking shots (Sutter and Schaller). 

8. The Canucks were fortunate to come away with two points tonight, but there are some good signs. Miller and Myers both look like good additions to the team. 

Good post as usual James B. Level headed and even keel. No obvious agenda  to scapegoat certain guys. GCG.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I'd almost promote Jake to an offensive position and reward him for his strong play.  Ferland has been a ghost out there.  Where the **** is the banging and crashing?  Almost seeing zero energy from a guy advertised as a guy who would create sparks.

Three times I've rewound to see "who made that play".  All three times it was unexpectedly Ferland. He has skill but he isn't in shape. I hope he'll be great and play with Pete.

Boeser isn't game sharp and is S*&^%$ the bed out there constantly. I'd like to see him with Bo longterm.