The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Only 1.075M can be buried in the minors.  The balance stays on the books.  Waiving Schaller, Baertschi or whoever else doesn't change the cap.  Benning explained that they had better players and insisted that it was not a cap decision.  

Except that management knew that the other teams had their lineups set and were unlikely going to take on Bar's cap. Guys that are viable nhl Players, with cheap contracts, are more likely to be picked up.

Waiving Baer has given the coaching staff a longer timeframe to assess the bubble players.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, xereau said:

Leivo can play 3rd line role, and is better there anyhow imo. Baer can't. Its pretty much that simple.

Disagree, especially given the chemistry that Gaudette and Baer showed in preseason. Baer can defend all the same as Leivo, but with more offense. I understand there may be cap implications as a few have pointed out. Cap removed though I take Baer 10 times out of 10. Maybe Leivo rekindles his form from last season, in which case I would be happy to see him in the lineup.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

I think Ferland had 3 or 4 hits, I noticed him a lot. each game he is getting better. 

If he doesn’t get going it would not surprise me to see Ferland a healthy scratch as a wake up call. He needs to put his name on a game and so far he’s faded barely visible out there compared to many of our other forwards. As much as we made fun of Leivo tonight at least we talked about him his game earned him something worth talking about. I have nothing to contribute on Ferlands game I’m not even sure how many times I heard an announcer say his name during the game. 

• Wat 2

4 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

If he doesn’t get going it would not surprise me to see Ferland a healthy scratch as a wake up call. He needs to put his name on a game and so far he’s faded barely visible out there compared to many of our other forwards. As much as we made fun of Leivo tonight at least we talked about him his game earned him something worth talking about. I have nothing to contribute on Ferlands game I’m not even sure how many times I heard an announcer say his name during the game. 

I think a healthy scratch is going tad far; he played well last few games where he is allegedly healthy, so I am leaning towards chalking up his first 2 games to illness 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Except that management knew that the other teams had their lineups set and were unlikely going to take on Bar's cap. Guys that are viable nhl Players, with cheap contracts, are more likely to be picked up.

Waiving Baer has given the coaching staff a longer timeframe to assess the bubble players.

Benning said Green wanted to go in another direction and that's why they moved on from Sven.  

Had to record and watch this one on the delay. Was a fun one to watch.

- Pearson, wow, looking good

- Marky, looking great, and man, has his puck handling improved

-Canucks are now a fast team :)

- Philly, is looking like a great team, now that they finally have goaltending. It pains me grievously to say that :(  Glad the boys beat them

- Oh boy, are Hughes, Boeser, and Petey fun to watch in OT

Despite a rough 3rd, overall fantastic game, so fun to watch. Can’t wait for next game.

Go Canucks, Go!

9 minutes ago, Bovechkin said:

I think a healthy scratch is going tad far; he played well last few games where he is allegedly healthy, so I am leaning towards chalking up his first 2 games to illness 

I didn’t say he would be benched I said I wouldn’t be surprised. He needs to put a mark on a game soon where “we” all say........and be “we” I mean his teammates and the fans go “wow OK I get it. I get why this guy is here, why we needed him tonight”. So far we haven’t needed him. He’s the type of player that needs to fill a role of the gritty, irritating and talented Canuck. Our Brad Marchand. That’s how I see him maybe I’m wrong but I haven’t seen that yet. My hope is that it’s coming.   

Edited by Bertorama

20 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Who are the bubble players...Virtanen, Schaller and Leivo on the big club and Goldy, McEwan and Baertschi in Utica?

Am I missing someone?

Markstrom was the key to this win... really playing well AGAIN.

Good to see Tanner Pearson getting his mojo on.

Boeser having another of his typical slow starts, but watch him folks. 

Pettersson is getting mad at himself cause he is not converting enough... 

As you may have noticed from his performance in the shootout...  THIS IS A GOOD THING:bigblush:

Edited by *Buzzsaw*