The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver/NJ

WCE

13 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Who would do this one? (just for kix)

LouiE the sloth, Markstrom, Quinn Hughes

NJ: Cory Schneider, Ty Smith. 2020 1st(unprotected)

Risky..but could land two top-10 picks in a highly-regarded draft

No bloody way. Hughes has only played in 9 NHL games and is showing to already be a top D man in the league. Zero chance anyone should even consider trading him unless it was a stupid return. And what you presented is not near good enough imo.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kanukfanatic said:

No bloody way. Hughes has only played in 9 NHL games and is showing to already be a top D man in the league. Zero chance anyone should even consider trading him unless it was a stupid return. And what you presented it not near good enough imo.

Indeed & agreed. I just put these things out there(mostly when there's no game) for people to bicker, opine & rant about!

Also like proposals to gauge relative-value of any/all team assets.

• Cheers 1

Quinn is a first round pick and already presented he will be the top D, and an important piece in Canucks.

Marky is clearly over Cory Schneider.

The return of ship out Loui is not attractive for Canucks GM.                                                   

7 hours ago, Patrick Jane said:

If Demko had more games under his belt. I wonder if NJ would want him. Lets face it Schneider career is most likely over (keeps getting injured and really isn't performing). There Goaltending is pretty bad right now.

Yeah Cory's looking awful this year (allowed 6 goals today, let the Panthers win after trailing 4-1 and let in some bad bounces).  Wonder if (given that Demko performs well) we could poach their 1st with Markstrom, Sutter and one of Sven/ Goldie?    

18 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Q.Hughes

For 

Hischier+2020 1st + 

Only trade Hughes if its a great deal..No reason to make trade as Hughes will be the best D man in club history after 2 season..His skating and hockey smarts are elite and very hard to find his skill level..So saying that I would ask for lots in return for this trade..

Quinn Hughes 20, Goldy 23, 3rd pick 2021 - To New Jersey.

Damon Stevenson 26, Hischier 20, 1st rounder 2020

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Only trade Hughes if its a great deal..No reason to make trade as Hughes will be the best D man in club history after 2 season..His skating and hockey smarts are elite and very hard to find his skill level..So saying that I would ask for lots in return for this trade..

Damon severson is a tougher version of tanev.

Edler Myers

..... Tanev

Benn Stecher 

Severson...

I'm not liking the thought of trading Quinn and not getting any blue chip d men back. It just doesnt look like a good trade to make with NJD.

Podz, Goldy, Tryamkin For J.Hughes? ...... please?

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Don't see NJD being interested. 

Ray Shero started in Nashville who were unable to compete because they didn't have a legit C1.  He commented about the importance of having two legit top Cs - he was in Pittsburgh with Crosby Malkin.  Now they have Hischier-Hughes.  Hischier is not sheltered and takes on all their tough matchups.  Hischier is like their Horvat - plays in every situation including killing penalties.  Hall also says he hopes to get to play every game with Hischier.  They have special chemistry.  NJD wants to bring back Hall.

Both GM MacLellan and GM Armstrong cited centre depth as one of the top-5 reasons their teams won.  They have that with Hischier-Hughes.  

Edited by mll

New Jersey drafted Jack Hughes, traded for Subban and Taylor Hall returned from season-long injury and after 5 games Simmonds is the scapegoat?  Like seriously?

And your solution for their 0-5 start is to trade for two AHL players and 1 healthy-scratch, overpaid player with longer term than Simmonds????  Come on!

Think about it for a second and ask yourself if the roles were reverse, would you want the Canucks to make that deal?   Hell no!  Well there is your answer.

18 hours ago, mll said:

Don't see NJD being interested. 

Ray Shero started in Nashville who were unable to compete because they didn't have a legit C1.  He commented about the importance of having two legit top Cs - he was in Pittsburgh with Crosby Malkin.  Now they have Hischier-Hughes.  Hischier is not sheltered and takes on all their tough matchups.  Hischier is like their Horvat - plays in every situation including killing penalties.  Hall also says he hopes to get to play every game with Hischier.  They have special chemistry.  NJD wants to bring back Hall.

Both GM MacLellan and GM Armstrong cited centre depth as one of the top-5 reasons their teams won.  They have that with Hischier-Hughes.  

I'll predict right now that Hall winds up elsewhere. Don't think he has the patience to stomach another youth-building, lengthy process.

But where to? That's a tough question..hmm, maybe the Dallas Stars. Benn has had issues with ownership. Prob agree to move on. Stars include a young D-man & pick. There's a nice blockbuster.

Be somewhat ironic for Taylor & Tyler to end up playing together.

20 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'll predict right now that Hall winds up elsewhere. Don't think he has the patience to stomach another youth-building, lengthy process.

But where to? That's a tough question..hmm, maybe the Dallas Stars. Benn has had issues with ownership. Prob agree to move on. Stars include a young D-man & pick. There's a nice blockbuster.

Be somewhat ironic for Taylor & Tyler to end up playing together.

Dallas not looking too good right now.  Not sure there's a team willing to take Benn off their hands at his cap hit.  

NJD has a lot of promising prospects coming - but it will take a year or two.  Shero is apparently very transparent with Hall on what the plan is.  He called him up before the Subban trade.  It will depend on how long he thinks it will take for NJD to become contenders and the progress of their young players/prospects.  I think he'll look at window length too.  Maybe it's better to be patient and have a longer window then commit to a win now team who might have to go in rebuild mid-way through his contract.

After today's game I'm hoping that we could get a guy like Simmonds who's hard nosed, got hands and goes to the net.  

Going to need greasy goals if we're going to make it deep in the playoffs.

Edited by Phil_314

On October 14, 2019 at 12:15 PM, Patrick Jane said:

If Demko had more games under his belt. I wonder if NJ would want him. Lets face it Schneider career is most likely over (keeps getting injured and really isn't performing). There Goaltending is pretty bad right now.

I don't think the devils will want one of our goalies ha 

but just picture , if we get another Devils top ten pick for one of our goalies ha :bigblush:

marky can't be any worse then Schneider ha

• 2 weeks later...

So seems it seems Hall is moving from NJ soon.  Would you double down on the Miller trade and flip Miller for Hall?  

We upgrade the first line more and Jersey gets a longer term replacement for Hall (who seems to be leaving anyway).  

Of course Hall would need to sign an extension but what talented offensive winger would not love to play with Petey?  

Edited by TGT68