The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Goal Song Petition on Change.org

Rate this topic

raad_luongo

25 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

We need a song with a sick riff.  It cant just be about the lyrics.  Aint talking about love is great but its been done.  Lets be original

31 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I’ll never be happy until it’s Slayer.

Pantera - Walk 

I personally love the song. Hope it stays. Engages the fans and makes the building loud to cheer on our boys after they put one between the pipes. Holiday was great for a past era of which I will always cherish. It’s time for something new. I think people will grow to like the song. It’s simple, but if I heard that in an opponents building as a Canuck fan I honestly would hate it. Reminds me of Chelsea’s dagger in a way. I bet hearing that song on loop for 8 goals made LA hate it. It’s great when it’s your side hearing those types of songs after goals, but awful for the opponents. There’s something to be said for psychology in hockey, players have emotions that can be effected. Now of course it’s up for debate if there are better songs out there as this thread shows, so this is just one fan’s opinion. Take with a grain of salt.

• Cheers 2

On 10/13/2019 at 10:47 PM, Hindustan Smyl said:

Holiday is good, but that song represents a different era of Canucks hockey.   That song was synonymous with the Gillis/Sedin era and had it’s “day in the sun” so to speak.

As far as the current song goes, I neither like nor dislike it.

My favorite goal song was Electric Clutch - worry.    One of the best goal songs in the league at the time in my opinion.   I wish the Canucks had kept that.

that would be electric worry by clutch.. and I agree, that would be my choice.. perfect energy & feel.

but I believe the issue was the - ahem - 'adult' nature of the 'bang' in the lyrics

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, riffraff said:

I’ll never be happy until it’s Slayer.

F***in' Slayer!!!

"World Painted Blood" as the boys take to the ice

and then when we score: "Metallica - Whiplash"

Vicious

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

We need a song with a sick riff.  It cant just be about the lyrics.  Aint talking about love is great but its been done.  Lets be original

This is my pick:

Starting at about the 20 second mark. That is a sick riff.::D

• Cheers 1

I dont think its ever gonna be perfect until we get something that truly matches the team or truly different...like where else but Nashville/NHL would you see I like it I love it as a goal song. 

Wanna go back to 2011 and riots - burn it down by Linkin Park or how about We Are All Canucks by Johnny DeMarco LOL. 

My favs were U2 coming out and electric worry - clutch as the goal song. esp that bang bang bang, vamanos, vamanos. 

• Cheers 1