The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Goal Song Petition on Change.org

Rate this topic

raad_luongo

I have to admit that after being at the game last night, this new goal song really works. I understand the nostalgia behind Holiday but when this song came on (5 times!) It was really catchy and seemed to get the crowd into it more than in the past few years.

I noticed a lot of people around me chanting along. Just imagine what a full house in a playoff atmosphere would be like. Between this song and Crazy P, it's definitely more exciting to watch a game live so far.

I think it was time for a change along with the new core of the team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, the grinder said:

leave the goal song but  it is the after game song that needs changing   im still standing  by Elton john . maybe that should be holiday  instead,  problem solved  

I'm still standing is a great song for the win. Time to get over green day 

On 10/14/2019 at 3:02 PM, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I’ve noticed quite a few comments about the music at Rogers Arena, specifically the change in the Canucks Goal Song from Green Day “Holiday” to Van Halen “Ain’t Talkin Bout Love.”

Well, here’s your chance to officially have your say! I noticed on Twitter this morning that there’s a change.org petition to change the goal song back to “Holiday.”

50,000 signatures and the Canucks DJ says they will change it back. 

http://chng.it/kmFsDDzshZ 

Is there a petition so that they have to play it at least five times per game?  I'll sign that one.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:08 PM, Davathor said:

How do Canuck fans always find something to cry about?

If you can't cry over talking bout love, nothing will be worth crying over ever again.

If they switch the goal song back, I'm starting a petition.

People are crybabies and obviously lack the taste to know a classic hit when it heyheyhey's them right in the earholes.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

I don't really know what "change.org" was intended to be, but changing hockey goal songs....I can't imagine that's what was in mind.

It was a panhandling website, but then go fund me stole its thunder. 

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Kind of depresssive song to have after a win. 

canuck73_3 

Well, I'm still standing is about a sorry ass that couldn't handle that his partner left him. I don't find that especially suited for a manly game of hockey... 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

canuck73_3 

Well, I'm still standing is about a sorry ass that couldn't handle that his partner left him. I don't find that especially suited for a manly game of hockey... 

Lol the irony of you talking about a manly game of hockey I find hilarious.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

Lol the irony of you talking about a manly game of hockey I find hilarious.

Well, I'm a big guy that easily crush people. Therefor I don't have to talk about it all the time. The bit about fighting back instead of getting your stars injuried is something I agree about. 

But hockey is primarerly about the skates, stick and a puck, not rugby. So I will always defend real hockey players against the huff and puff players that doesn't score. 

Small guys can't think of anything else but crushing, hitting etc. 

• Like 1
  • Wat 1