The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Goal Song Petition on Change.org

Rate this topic

raad_luongo

On 10/20/2019 at 2:33 PM, Timråfan said:

Well, I'm a big guy that easily crush people. Therefor I don't have to talk about it all the time. The bit about fighting back instead of getting your stars injuried is something I agree about. 

But hockey is primarerly about the skates, stick and a puck, not rugby. So I will always defend real hockey players against the huff and puff players that doesn't score. 

Small guys can't think of anything else but crushing, hitting etc. 

Spoiler

HD-01-5891bb26a1fe40b9a77a1b21dd7183f3b3

BOO!!!!

On 10/13/2019 at 11:25 AM, brownky said:

It isn't though.

It's a loop of HEY HEY HEY HEY every 6 seconds.

Van Halen is good. This loop sucks.

This is from a guy who wanted our intro song to be Panama. I dig Van Halen. But not this execution.

A meaty riff from ain't talkin' about love. Man, I dunno whats not to like. The way they've got it looped is almost reminiscent of some old German drinking song..lol...may we all links arms and raise our glasses to the multitude of goals we will see this season!! HEY HEY HEY!!!

Edit: Listened to the goal horn all the way through, and its apparent it's not a loop, its just that section of the song - 2:57 mark or so...you should really start from 0:00 though..my advice.. :bigblush:

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan

13 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

A meaty riff from ain't talkin' about love. Man, I dunno whats not to like. The way they've got it looped is almost reminiscent of some old German drinking song..lol...may we all links arms and raise our glasses to the multitude of goals we will see this season!! HEY HEY HEY!!!

Edit: Listened to the goal horn all the way through, and its apparent it's not a loop, its just that section of the song - 2:57 mark or so...you should really start from 0:00 though..my advice.. :bigblush:

I'm old enough to have seen Van Halen in concert, and enough of a fan of them to go see them in concert.

I really like them. I thought our intro music should be Panama. I tried it on NHL...12? with the custom music feature and it worked beautifully. Fit well, flowed well, everything was gravy.

BUT: I don't like this implementation. It doesn't "feel" right, it's too repetitive within a short window.

10 hours ago, brownky said:

I'm old enough to have seen Van Halen in concert, and enough of a fan of them to go see them in concert.

I really like them. I thought our intro music should be Panama. I tried it on NHL...12? with the custom music feature and it worked beautifully. Fit well, flowed well, everything was gravy.

BUT: I don't like this implementation. It doesn't "feel" right, it's too repetitive within a short window.

What part of Panama did you think worked well?

38 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

What part of Panama did you think worked well?

Honestly the opening riff.

Just the way the guitar grabs you by the scruff of the neck and throws you outside with the intention of beating you up. Around the 11-14 second OR the 26-30 second mark when there are small transitions, that would be a good time for the introductions "Ladies and Gentlemen, your Vancouver Canucks!". The short solo at 26s might be a bit too long to wait, but it flows beautifully.

At least that's how it works in my head.

1 hour ago, brownky said:

Honestly the opening riff.

Just the way the guitar grabs you by the scruff of the neck and throws you outside with the intention of beating you up. Around the 11-14 second OR the 26-30 second mark when there are small transitions, that would be a good time for the introductions "Ladies and Gentlemen, your Vancouver Canucks!". The short solo at 26s might be a bit too long to wait, but it flows beautifully.

At least that's how it works in my head.

I agree on introductions, even starting the music video version with the airplane sample first, but not for the goal song, in my opinion.

Love Van Halen though.

8 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

I agree on introductions, even starting the music video version with the airplane sample first, but not for the goal song, in my opinion.

Love Van Halen though.

The goal song should not be Panama. Purely the introductions. As for the goal song, I'm still partial to Holiday. It works; it has the requisite number of "Hey's" in it if we're looking for a "hey" count, and it's kinda ours. That transition from "We were a great team, to a rebuilder, and now we're on the challenge-for-it horse again. Still the Canucks all the way through" familiarity.  Chicago doesn't have issue with leaving Chelsea Dagger up for a decade, why do we have to change our goal song every year? (or every goal scorer, lol, that was a terrible idea)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, brownky said:

The goal song should not be Panama. Purely the introductions. As for the goal song, I'm still partial to Holiday. It works; it has the requisite number of "Hey's" in it if we're looking for a "hey" count, and it's kinda ours. That transition from "We were a great team, to a rebuilder, and now we're on the challenge-for-it horse again. Still the Canucks all the way through" familiarity.  Chicago doesn't have issue with leaving Chelsea Dagger up for a decade, why do we have to change our goal song every year? (or every goal scorer, lol, that was a terrible idea)

I dunno, Green Day got pretty EMO in my opinion, and holiday was the pinnacle of that. (One of the first albums I ever bought was Green Day Dookie when it first came out - I was in Grade 4 at the time - I bought that and Offspring Smash - awesome times) Anyway, it was a good goal song for good times, but it has changed every year, so theres no real tradition there. I'd like something to stick for a long time also, just not sure it should be Holiday. I like the new goal song the more I hear it at this point. They should just stick with this one for the next 10-20 years..

• Upvote 1