Sign in to follow this  
raad_luongo

Canucks Goal Song Petition on Change.org

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, brownky said:

The goal song should not be Panama. Purely the introductions. As for the goal song, I'm still partial to Holiday. It works; it has the requisite number of "Hey's" in it if we're looking for a "hey" count, and it's kinda ours. That transition from "We were a great team, to a rebuilder, and now we're on the challenge-for-it horse again. Still the Canucks all the way through" familiarity.  Chicago doesn't have issue with leaving Chelsea Dagger up for a decade, why do we have to change our goal song every year? (or every goal scorer, lol, that was a terrible idea)

I dunno, Green Day got pretty EMO in my opinion, and holiday was the pinnacle of that. (One of the first albums I ever bought was Green Day Dookie when it first came out - I was in Grade 4 at the time - I bought that and Offspring Smash - awesome times) Anyway, it was a good goal song for good times, but it has changed every year, so theres no real tradition there. I'd like something to stick for a long time also, just not sure it should be Holiday. I like the new goal song the more I hear it at this point. They should just stick with this one for the next 10-20 years..

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CoolCanucklehead said:

Flashbacks...:sick:

It's terrible to hear it... but it's a great goal song. But it sucks. But it doesn't suck as a goal song. Except it just sucks. *hitcago.

I'm so conflicted.

• Haha 2

The more goals we score, the more our current goal song grows on me. It's honestly not bad at all. Stop the complaining.

• Upvote 1