The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wings @ Nucks - Oct 15 2019 - 7pm PST

Rate this topic

xereau

29 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Gaudette looked a bit outmatched last game - not saying he isn't gunna be a beauty but reminded me a little of Linden Vey for that game only.. Schaller has been playing well and skating hard, Jake has looked good practically every shift and in my opinion looked better than a 4th liner with his setups, and positioning... and Motte is an awesome energy guy too, and didn't he have 9 goals last season? Hey if that is the lineup, no biggie, doesn't mean Gaudette wont be back in soon, its not a bad thing we have one too many awesome guys to put in the lineup!

Oh yeah man, Motte is beauty and I'm happy to see him back. I'm confident we'll win.

I'd just rather see Gaud in Leivo's spot against Det. 

Edit - Gaudette and Linden Vey. 

Low blow dude. 

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, luckylager said:

Oh yeah man, Motte is beauty and I'm happy to see him back. I'm confident we'll win.

I'd just rather see Gaud in Leivo's spot against Det. 

Fair enough man. I like your enthusiasm about Gaudette!

edit: lol re the comparison - Thats just what I thought in my heart of hearts - I want Gaudette to succeed also but def reminded me of Vey against philly

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan

I would like to have the same line-up of last game.

Everyone note that Leivo missed lot of score chances, but he was in the right place to get the opportunities. He just need some luck to-morrow.

Guad in the third line centre is perfect, good chemistry with Sutter and Ferland.

I like Motte, he will be the next one to call up if injury.

Green is the good head coach, he should understand his players more than us.

Predict Canucks win 5-3.

Defiantly can’t take the Wings lightly as their first line is on fire and as of right now the wings are in a WC spot, we are not. Be focused, disciplined and don’t be thinking about the Blues yet. Go Canucks and Captain gets a goal or two!

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Gaudette looked a bit outmatched last game - not saying he isn't gunna be a beauty but reminded me a little of Linden Vey for that game only.. Schaller has been playing well and skating hard, Jake has looked good practically every shift and in my opinion looked better than a 4th liner with his setups, and positioning... and Motte is an awesome energy guy too, and didn't he have 9 goals last season? Hey if that is the lineup, no biggie, doesn't mean Gaudette wont be back in soon, its not a bad thing we have one too many awesome guys to put in the lineup!

Honestly, they are REALLY thirsty for a 1st line center down on the farm. It would be nice to get the hockey Gaud in some prime offensive situations so he can sharpen those skills. 

5 minutes ago, combover said:

Gaudette has been as good or better than his line mates so, sutter made some serious gaffs that cost the team goals. 

Green loves Sutter.  I think he's wrong.  Gaudette has earned that number 3 center spot.  Sutter can play on the wing, and take Schaller out.  Send Loui to the A. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Don't like the schedule. Canucks have extra rest time off between games at the start of the season? How 'bout in March?

Don't like "Huggy" as Hughes' nickname. I prefer something along the lines of "Wheels" or something to the effect of his superb skating and smarts.

I have no issue with Gaudette coming out for a game or two. Keep the kid hungry. Forget the preseason, what has he done lately? Give him a rest, let him reset and then bring him back in later in the week. Looking forward to seeing Motte play, and score tonight.

D is going to have to play solid tonight, to help Demko out.

VAN - 4 (ot)

DET - 3

• Cheers 1