The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wings @ Nucks - Oct 15 2019 - 7pm PST

Rate this topic

xereau

Hoping Demko gets off to a good start this season.

If he has a solid game, I see us taking this one. I feel like this is the type of game where Pettersson has a huge potential to break out!

Ill say 5-3 Canucks. Petey with 2 goals.

Go Canucks Go!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xereau said:

Updated the Canucks' roster in the OP.

Gaudette out doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It wasn't him that whiffed on a dozen high quality chances.  Then again, he didn't get into position for a dozen hq chances either.

Benning needs to make a trade and break the log jam, but unfortunately, I don't see that coming until Roussel is back.

We finally have depth for when injuries occur no need to rush into a move

10 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm actually really &^@#ing sad about Biega being gone.

I hope we win 5-4 in regulation with Biega getting 4 points. 

It does suck, but Benning worked to find Bulldog the best opportunity he could. The trade was the very definition of amicable.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It does suck, but Benning worked to find Bulldog the best opportunity he could. The trade was the very definition of amicable.

I agree. Ever since 4 years or so ago I thought we were completely underutilizing him as a defenseman, and last year was his first real chance to show what he could bring and ended up being a two way d-man. He had a pretty damn respectable points % per game last year and I don't believe too many of those points were flash in the pans, they were deserved. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm actually really &^@#ing sad about Biega being gone.

I hope we win 5-4 in regulation with Biega getting 4 points. 

That’s what happens when a team gets better - don’t get too attached to the fringe depth - on our team the last few years we had them on pretty much every single line... and the team we have now won’t look anything like the one we will have three years from now ..

edit: yes bulldog was always heart - love that JB tries to help these guys.  Goldobin included. He signed him after all, which was going him a favour.

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

oh for &^@#sakes we traded Biega?! 

Ffffffuuuuuuuu

I thought he was an excellent depth guy. Unreal. 

I agree, he was a "Heart and Soul" guy which is the player I really like. Anyone that resembles Linden heart and soul is hard to let go. Plus I thought he was a more aggressive Stecher IMO. Oh well, I hope he finds a regular spot with Detroit and proves his naysayers wrong. Go Bulldog!

Not sure about anything in this game....i think most ppl are underestimating wings when looking at their lineup. Nucks dont have Marky tonight and no idea what form Demko currently has. Not sure about the line changes, why is gaud out? Ferland is back on 2nd line meaning they want more power on the 2nd line? Or they want more things from the 3rd line since Leivo is with sutter and Jake? 

So to me theres a lot of questionmarks for this game. Im hoping our first line continues to produce and that Ferland gets one of those games where he really shines. 

hoping for a 3-2 win for nucks, Brock, Bo, Edler with the goals. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Not sure about anything in this game....i think most ppl are underestimating wings when looking at their lineup. Nucks dont have Marky tonight and no idea what form Demko currently has. Not sure about the line changes, why is gaud out? Ferland is back on 2nd line meaning they want more power on the 2nd line? Or they want more things from the 3rd line since Leivo is with sutter and Jake? 

So to me theres a lot of questionmarks for this game. Im hoping our first line continues to produce and that Ferland gets one of those games where he really shines. 

hoping for a 3-2 win for nucks, Brock, Bo, Edler with the goals. 

Bo and Pearson will get Ferland going.

• Like 1

Interesting matchup early in the season

Both teams are at similar points in their rebuilds or at least having simliar results a big difference is it has taken Benning 6 years and Detroit has been at going into their third.

Detroit should have had even worse cap issues with all those long term front loaded contracts that gave out, Zettrnberg, Fransen, Daysuk, Nielson, Daley, Ericsson but somehow they are able to get around almost 25 mil in salary and cap hits without much outrage from fans or the media. They have found ways to get extra draft picks.

4 games are nothing, every team is close to a playoff spot, every team is pretty healthy.

Two weeks into the season and the Canucks have had to sleep in a hotel once once.

This is a team the Canuck must dominate if they want to compete for a playoff spot, the Canucks are all healthy, rested and had time to prepare for this team.

• Haha 1