The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet 650 cuts staff - Rick Dhaliwal, Jawn Jang & two production-side staffers

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Dhaliwal is better as a journalist. His radio personality sucked. I remember one morning listening to him try to defend head shots against 6 year-olds and coaches being allowed to rip into toddlers. He then acted like a whiny baby when he got called out for it. 

I totally get why 650 brought him on board, but I think he'll be better suited just working on scoops/stories than holding conversations.

Love Rick....but this ^^^

He also got far too caught up 'being media' instead of what got him where he was, simply reporting facts. He started to add spin, opinion and generally becoming tabloid grade (albeit well connected/informed) media.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i couldn’t stand dhaliwal and the other morning guys. always arguing and putting each other down. worst news was that alex auld won’t be a regular this year. i respected his views.

The whole morning show is a turd sandwich. Only reason it's remotely listen-able is the guests. 

• Upvote 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to Sportsnet 650 cuts staff - Rick Dhaliwal, Jawn Jang & two production-side staffers
7 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

dhaliwal is a good insider but the morning crew’s ego’s make that show unbearable. also. i like  shah when he was on with auld. he didn’t try to dominate the talk. the afternoon crews are better. 

I'd disagree.  The morning guys are quite funny at times.  It's probably just an age thing ;)

Personally not a big fan of the new line-up.  

Rintoul moving to host his own show from 9am-12pm is going to be a big downgrade from the The Playbook.  I would have preferred they just replace Jang with producer Bik Nizzar and left the rest of the line-up alone.

• Upvote 1