The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possible Canucks trade looming

cuporbust

1 minute ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Ya... over one game.... so time to send down Gaudette then once Roussel returns?

I'm thinking long term here for the team!

I don’t want Hockey Gaud to get sent down, but I think he is Utica bound.  JB and Green might think that’s best for our team’s present and future?  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I don’t want Hockey Gaud to get sent down, but I think he is Utica bound.  JB and Green might think that’s best for our team’s present and future?  

Would like to see him eager playing 20 minutes/game in the AHL, than to sit in the press-box or just playing about 10 minutes in the big league. Maybe he need a lil bit confidence to his game at the start of the season. Sutter, Beagle and even Schaller have playing him out in the first 5 games. Hard to see him in his first three games slightly struggling, after his very good pre-season.

Maybe send HockeyGaud down, let him play big minutes and call him up if one of the Bottom-6 guys are struggling or not clicking to the game.

JB knows what will be the best for him and the team.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, the grinder said:

erikksson scored on marky in practice marky  is on" leave" till loui is traded  that the rumour I heard  :ph34r:

At least make it believable.

Loui E couldn't score on Marky (2019 Loui E anyway) if Markstrom had his hands tied behind his back, a blindfold on, and a pool noodle instead of a goalie stick.

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Van trades Josh Leivo(50% Retained) and Sven Baertschi to Vegas Golden Knights for Alex Tuch and Ryan Reaves.

What? No conditional first round pick from Vegas? No deal!

Edited by BrockBoester

It sounds like either a player getting waived in the morning, or Gaudette going down.  I don't see Gaudette being demoted until after the weekend and getting to play in at least one of the back to backs.  He isn't nearly at the point where you have to send him down to get minutes and playing time.

13 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

pretty sure Green was alluding to a roster move, not a trade but maybe Jim's working the phone. Dunno. If its Loui sent to Utica I imagine the GDT is going to be one big party. 

CDC will go full force on gofundme to grab IKEA gifts for a proper send-off!!

8 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Van trades Josh Leivo(50% Retained) and Sven Baertschi to Vegas Golden Knights for Alex Tuch and Ryan Reaves.

Love the trade but that means creating more logjam to an already congested roster.... ur adding 2 roster players while subtracting just one! 

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Our $6 million dollar man is not short of cash.  That's the issue.  

I don't care man!!! I just want us to show the man some love... let him know how much we have 'appreciated' his work ethics while in Van.... and pls never look back!! Just get on that plane with the IKEA sh!t..... and never come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

That's the point -- he neither said or implied anything about a trade.  Pure baseless speculation.

Didn’t Hreen say there was a roster move coming, but player hadn’t been told yet?  Then he added that bit about not confirming the move was a guy being sent down.  What other roster moves are there other than trades, young guys getting sent down, and waivers?