The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possible Canucks trade looming

cuporbust

21 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

lets get Jamie Benn. Eriksson can be part of it to make the cap work.

Only problem with Benn is that his contract is 6 more years at $9.5...:wacko:

Otherwise I'd seriously consider Eriksson, Baer & Leivo. Doubt they would though :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For Jamie Benn I would.  Or is Jamie paid too much for what he provides?  

Virtanen, Gaudette and Pearson is too much to move at this point imo.   Yeah, the team has some depth now, but it needs the depth, particularly the youth depth / ELCs-RFAs - these guys will help keep the team flexible enough (in terms of cap) moving forward.  If you start plucking multiples of them out of the mix (for 30+ yr olds), it can end unfortunately imo. 

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 2

... it’s an Uber ride to Utica for Eriksson while they’re in NY State.

I can’t see Green wanting to bust up the chemistry the Canucks are creating right now.

Keeping Guadette, Motte and the return of Rousell has to bump Eriksson out.

It is what it is.

• Like 1

No thanks to Jamie Benn. He’s not the player he was and at this side of 30 he’s unlikely to ever regain that form. He won’t live up to that big contract and that’s a massive issue for a team that’s already got cap problems. Not to mention he has character issues that I wouldn’t want near our team given how much emphasis management has put on finding guys with character.  

People only really want him here because he’s a local boy. If he we were from Ontario or Saskatchewan or the US everyone would be screaming no.

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... it’s an Uber ride to Utica for Eriksson while they’re in NY State.

I can’t see Green wanting to bust up the chemistry the Canucks are creating right now.

Keeping Guadette, Motte and the return of Rousell has to bump Eriksson out.

It is what it is.

Yeah, a lot of chemistry boiling right now... We need every player this season. 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:59 AM, Salacious Crumb said:

Why are so many willing to trade Jake? He’s finally started to figure things out and is improving.

Ummm folks have been saying that for years now... and he hasn’t.

There has to be several hundred “Jake is about to bust out” comments on this site.

He is goalless so far and on pace for the same of fewer points than last year’s very modest but career high 25 point number.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

On 10/18/2019 at 9:31 AM, Virtanen#18 said:

Vegas will want Baertschi or Goldobin from us soon!! 

VGK

Baertschi

Goldobin

VAN

1st ´20

Becomes a wash with the Miller trade.

Doest matter where Benning picks; he just needs to be in the first round.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

VGK

Baertschi

Goldobin

VAN

1st ´20

Becomes a wash with the Miller trade.

Doest matter where Benning picks; he just needs to be in the first round.

To get those 2 guys off our books, I would take a 3rd and 4th round picks!!

I'm sending Eriksson will get waived as soon as Roussel is back healthy. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Provost said:

Ummm folks have been saying that for years now... and he hasn’t.

There has to be several hundred “Jake is about to bust out” comments on this site.

He is goalless so far and on pace for the same of fewer points than last year’s very modest but career high 25 point number.

Thousands is probably more like it, myself included on occasion.   At some point you need to cut bait, both for the team and the player.  Always wanted JV to have a bit more of a chance in the top six - and who knows maybe he would have this year if he came into camp in great shape...instead Leivo still is blocking him:..which says a lot.  At this point I’m really doubting he ever will be much more then an energy bottom six guy that will chip in 10-15 goals per year...would still rather see him play with Horvat and Leivo’s PP time, I think he’s got a better shot and of course those wheels...