The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possible Canucks trade looming

cuporbust

7 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

21. Apparently he came up to her, patted her on the head and pointed at the floor. Then kept calling her short over and over again. Not the most nefarious thing but it is extremely juvenile. When I say ‘character issues’ I don’t mean that he’s a scumbag, just that he’s incredibly immature, and I was adding that to the list of reasons why I wouldn’t trade for him in a throw away sense. The main reasons are what you outlined above.

That's not only juvenile behaviour, but it's kind of creepy too.  It's like Jamie doesn't know how to behave around women.  Who goes up to some random girl and does that?  Women are far too polite to us (men) most of the time.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That's not only juvenile behaviour, but it's kind of creepy too.  It's like Jamie doesn't know how to behave around women.  Who goes up to some random girl and does that?  Women are far too polite to us (men) most of the time.  

Idk, maybe he was hammered.

9 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

21. Apparently he came up to her, patted her on the head and pointed at the floor. Then kept calling her short over and over again. Not the most nefarious thing but it is extremely juvenile. When I say ‘character issues’ I don’t mean that he’s a scumbag, just that he’s incredibly immature, and I was adding that to the list of reasons why I wouldn’t trade for him in a throw away sense. The main reasons are what you outlined above.

Take this with a grain of salt. Someone I used to work with told me she has a close friend who married one of Jamie’s cousins.  And she told me Jamie almost never show up to big family gatherings because he had this attitude of “he is too important” to be at these kind of meetings. I take that with a grain of salt as I don’t know that person myself and I heard it from a secondary source. Base on all these other things I also heard about him, it does not bode well when it comes to character.

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zucker might be available too, right?  I wonder what the trade cost would be for him?  I wouldn't want to pay too too much, and upset our apple cart here.  I've heard Jake for Zucker, but Jake sure looked good on Bo's wing last game.  He played 14 minutes of 5 on 5 too.  I do like Zucker though.  He is a lot like JT Miller.  

Picks and prospects - they need to rebuild.  If they trade Zucker it will be for a haul after they've messed up the returns for Coyle, Niederreiter, Granlund.  They actually really need him because he brings speed to a lineup that is far too slow and is their only decent scorer apart from Dumba.

Edited by mll

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Picks and prospects - they need to rebuild.  If they trade Zucker it will be for a haul after they've messed up the returns for Coyle, Niederreiter, Granlund.  They actually really need him because he brings speed to a lineup that is far too slow and is their only decent scorer apart from Dumba.

I wonder what they really expect for Zucker though. Apparently when Benning was negotiating they wanted Boeser, which is the type of trade you make in Be A GM just to get shot down.

Just now, Noseforthenet said:

Y'all ever think that maybe Nashville is sniffing around Gaudette again and is offering up a decently substantial D-man? Maybe Ryan Ellis?

I don’t know how that trade works out. Ellis  is worth way more than Gaudette and we’re up against the cap after already retooling our D. Doesn’t make a lot of sense without a significant add and cap dump on our end.

3 hours ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

I have a legit inside source very familiar with the Benn situation and how unhappy he is in Dallas since being called out by Lites last season. Apparently he agreed to waive his NTC to LAK last year since his GF lived there, but the trade fell through at the last minute. He is no longer with her so they are out of the picture, but talks with Jordie every day and wants to come home to BC. My source even said that Gallardi recently had a meeting at his Vancity home with some of his execs to discuss some "high level" items. Could be trade related, coach related or front office. My source works for the Stars so I have no reason to doubt something is in the air. I say give them a few more games to turn it around or someone is on the way out. Keep in mind as well that Little Things has a house here. I mentioned something along the lines of LE, Demko and a 2nd for Benn and he said that if things keep trending the way they are, it might be enough to get it done. Anyhoo, it is something to keep an eye on for sure since Benn can decide where he wants to go ALA Kesler. Don't shoot the messenger lol. 

this would be awesome.  

What about:

To DAL

Virtanen

Juolevi

Hoglander

LE

2020 1st

To VAN

Benn

2020 3rd

2020 2nd

• Haha 3
  • Wat 5

39 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

I wonder what they really expect for Zucker though. Apparently when Benning was negotiating they wanted Boeser, which is the type of trade you make in Be A GM just to get shot down.

There was really nothing available that interested them per Russo - he mentioned Virtanen, Tanev.  

Edited by mll

39 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Y'all ever think that maybe Nashville is sniffing around for Gaudette again and is offering up a decently substantial D-man? Maybe Ryan Ellis?

Poile explained that they wanted wanted to clear cap space.  They were looking for a team that would take Subban's full cap hit.   The return was secondary - picks / prospects.  They didn't want to take cap back and wanted to be able to send whoever they got to the AHL.  

There's no spot on Nashville's roster for Gaudette.  With Duchene they have 3 Cs signed long term and their window is now wide open.  They traded Fiala because he needs more development time and they had no patience to wait.  Gaudette is even less ready.  

I doubt Nashville would have interest in Gaudette today now that they have cleared the cap space to sign Duchene.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

So...  4 x 1st round picks for a 2nd a 3rd and a 4th ?

Can i nominate you as the next canucks gm?

you rather give up demo or gaudette? hell no, I rather give up Virtanen/juolevi and a first (mid to late) that may never be as good as demko or gaudette, plus we have podkolzin, madden,