The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possible Canucks trade looming

cuporbust

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

you rather give up demo or gaudette? hell no, I rather give up Virtanen/juolevi and a first (mid to late) that may never be as good as demko or gaudette, plus we have podkolzin, madden, 

Give up none of them, canucks need is a legit right hand shot rw for horvat.

Defenceman again rhd.

Both my already be in our pipeline.

Jamie Benn is not plausible and not what we need, 9.5m poor attitude, lazy and not that great overall. Declining FAST.

Petey,brock, horvat,miller,pearson are all signed for 2+ more years as top 6

Add in ferland, roussell, beagle,sutter all signed for 2+

Add in baer another 2 years.

Virtanen, Gaudette will still be around..

Add in prospects in 1-3 years

Podkolzin, hoglander, lind, mac...

Miller pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat 

Ferland Sutter Roussel

Beagle 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Virtanen + Juolevi + LE for Benn ?

Interesting...

My 1st thought was this is probably wishful thinking on our part. But then I thought who TF would give Benn $9.5 x 6? Because that's what's left on his contract minus 10 games. Unless Dallas retains or takes money back, that's an untradeable contract. 

I'm torn. Weighing the risk/reward, I just don't think we can take on that contract even if it means dumping Little Things. Benn is clearly on the decline and I'm not sold on him being the type of leader we want in our dressing room. 

That's a pass for me. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, mll said:

Poile explained that they wanted wanted to clear cap space.  They were looking for a team that would take Subban's full cap hit.   The return was secondary - picks / prospects.  They didn't want to take cap back and wanted to be able to send whoever they got to the AHL.  

There's no spot on Nashville's roster for Gaudette.  With Duchene they have 3 Cs signed long term and their window is now wide open.  They traded Fiala because he needs more development time and they had no patience to wait.  Gaudette is even less ready.  

I doubt Nashville would have interest in Gaudette today now that they have cleared the cap space to sign Duchene.

That's a good point. It just made me wonder why he has been sitting out games instead of playing, unless there was something on the back burner for him. My initial thought is Sutter is the one being showcased and that's why he's sitting out, but if a team is sniffing around, I gotta go back to Nashville being an interesting party. Like they may have been more interested than what was let on?

Benn to me has no value. Declining production and a huge contract with a NMC

You could argue he has the worst contract in the NHL, which he probably does

to dal: eriksson, baertschi, goldobin, gadvovich, 4th pick 2020

to Van: benn, 3rd pick 2020

the money is similar initially but after erikssons contract is up in 3 years we still have benn on the books at Age 33 at 9.5m for 3 more years after that

I wonder if people know what they are even asking for in wanting Benn on this team. His cap hit makes no sense for us in my opinion and could potentially mean we'd struggle with signing Quinn or Pettersson or someone else. Don't wreck this team while we're actually developing the right way.

Don't get me wrong. I like Benn just as much as anyone else, but with that contract? Unless he gets bought out and we sign him, no thank you.

Edited by The Lock

36 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I wonder if people know what they are even asking for in wanting Benn on this team. His cap hit makes no sense for us in my opinion and could potentially mean we'd struggle with signing Quinn or Pettersson or someone else. Don't wreck this team while we're actually developing the right way.

Don't get me wrong. I like Benn just as much as anyone else, but with that contract? Unless he gets bought out and we sign him, no thank you.

I mean it would be like signing a big name free agent forward from the NY Islanders, when you have more important things to deal with and then wonder why you are having cap struggles.

nope, I crunched some numbers, myself to see if we can fit him in.

the nay sayers actually have a valid point of his declining play. that needs to be factored in,as he is 30.

He makes 9.5 million until 2025.

Erickson is 6.5 for 3 more seasons,  

I can't see anyway this can be done.  The only way this can happen is if he gets bought out, like how Cory perry got.  Of course he had 2 years later, Benn has 5, but that's on you Dallas. 

factor in, in 2 years, Hughes and Pettersson will become RFA's together, so money needs to be set aside for them.

Can't be done.  best of luck Dallas.

10 hours ago, Noseforthenet said:

That's a good point. It just made me wonder why he has been sitting out games instead of playing, unless there was something on the back burner for him. My initial thought is Sutter is the one being showcased and that's why he's sitting out, but if a team is sniffing around, I gotta go back to Nashville being an interesting party. Like they may have been more interested than what was let on?

Green wants to win games and is going to ice the lineup he has the most faith in.  The Canucks can't play the showcasing game when they want to make the playoffs.  Games are too tight.  

I don't think Nashville had real interest in Gaudette other than it was a possible return to get rid of Subban.  There wouldn't even be a lineup spot in the near future.  

4 hours ago, mll said:

Green wants to win games and is going to ice the lineup he has the most faith in.  The Canucks can't play the showcasing game when they want to make the playoffs.  Games are too tight.  

I don't think Nashville had real interest in Gaudette other than it was a possible return to get rid of Subban.  There wouldn't even be a lineup spot in the near future.  

And Subban is really helping the Devil's winning.  Thank goodness JB turned from acquiring him.  Way too much of a cap hit for a guy who just isn't a winner.  

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And Subban is really helping the Devil's winning.  Thank goodness JB turned from acquiring him.  Way too much of a cap hit for a guy who just isn't a winner.  

He was never a fast skater and the game is faster than ever.  He was still Nashville's best overall D before being injured.  

Poile didn't want to trade Subban but it was the only way to create cap space.  He said he wouldn't have traded him if not for Fabbro showing so well the 10 games he played and at the Worlds.  Nashville and Duchene have been trying to connect for years.