The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The emergence of a Star.

Quinn Hughes is that guy.

Yeah, there were others putting up the big points tonight, but I gotta say, I am getting more and more impressed by this kid.

I really thought it would take some time for him to get used to the league.. thought there would be a problem with his size... I thought he would be hit and punished.

But he skates so well, he is so slippery and anticipates the play so well that he is OUTTA THERE before anyone can lay a check.

He is the Canucks best puck carrier by far... he hardly looks like he is moving his legs... looks like he is going for a stroll... but suddenly he is in the O-Zone.

He also uses open space better than anyone on the team... he is like a water spider... the opposing players move towards him and magically he skitters back out of range.

And that is only the offensive half of his game...  his D game is just as good. 

Phenomenal anticipation of where the puck will be... quick on it and then a quick move or pass and the zone is cleared.

It is usually Chris Tanev who has to cover for his D partner... but Hughes is actually covering for Chris... and that means Tanev is not required to sacrifice himself near as much trying to save the situation... this year I have not yet seen Tanev get hit bad by a forechecker once... which I saw regularly last year.

I'm really sold on this kid...  I thought he was better than his brother, but I didn't realize just how much better.

Kids a      STUD

100%

Dare I say, he skates like Neidermeir but is even a little more sneaky?

Yes I dare

He is!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The emergence of a Star.

Quinn Hughes is that guy.

Yeah, there were others putting up the big points tonight, but I gotta say, I am getting more and more impressed by this kid.

I really thought it would take some time for him to get used to the league.. thought there would be a problem with his size... I thought he would be hit and punished.

But he skates so well, he is so slippery and anticipates the play so well that he is OUTTA THERE before anyone can lay a check.

He is the Canucks best puck carrier by far... he hardly looks like he is moving his legs... looks like he is going for a stroll... but suddenly he is in the O-Zone.

He also uses open space better than anyone on the team... he is like a water spider... the opposing players move towards him and magically he skitters back out of range.

And that is only the offensive half of his game...  his D game is just as good. 

Phenomenal anticipation of where the puck will be... quick on it and then a quick move or pass and the zone is cleared.

It is usually Chris Tanev who has to cover for his D partner... but Hughes is actually covering for Chris... and that means Tanev is not required to sacrifice himself near as much trying to save the situation... this year I have not yet seen Tanev get hit bad by a forechecker once... which I saw regularly last year.

I'm really sold on this kid...  I thought he was better than his brother, but I didn't realize just how much better.

Kids a      STUD

I am laughing at Detroit’s expense. They passed on Quinn and took Zadina instead! Oops!:lol:

• Upvote 4

I actually liked the last 5mins you could feel the Canucks confidence. They started making saucy cocky passes and plays. It’s like they know their on too a big season. Also look at the Canucks who aren’t playing..plus Utica Baer, KHL Soon to be NHLer again Tryamkin. This team has Depth. I feel Canucks are in a good state now. 

Cant wait til next game......also the new Goal song I’m starting to also like a lot.....hearing it 5+ times a game is fine by me.

Go Canucks Goo

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, xereau said:

We'll know after like.. 50 games probably, who's gonna win. Things should even by then. 5 games is not much of a sample.

True.  But I think Makar is getting prime PP time with Colorado's big line.  I can see him getting 50 points.  

I can see QH getting 30 points (if not on PP1).  Which is great for a rookie defenceman. 

7 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

I am laughing at Detroit’s expense. They passed on Quinn and took Zadina instead! Oops!:lol:

I was disappointed we got Hughes instead of Zadina for about 5 minutes. Then I watched his highlights and forgot who Zadina was

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Yes because I'm basing this notion off of just this 1 game.

Demko has been a nobody until tn right? LOL

You seriously think that trading markstrom because demko "Looks" to be ready?

Lets do this as an experiment...

Canucks trade markstrom for ????...

Canucks Name Demko as starter...

He struggles and his back up is.....Bachmann

....Bachmann is Thatchers backup....

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Q: What do you think of all of those low quality puke 'character' type guys Steve Yzerman inherited with Detroit?

I know that he can not undo do a whole team in a season, but I can see him nuke 75% of that roster within 3 years from now.

That first line is good, but Mantha got stf down tonight tho after that :30s goal.

Some really dirty crap from a few of those guys tonight. Telling ya now, if any Canuck pulled those ugly plays, the slewfoot, headbutt, several more.

The Red Wings are a dirty team. I hope they finish 31st.

I hope they finish 9th in their conference. Why wish a good pick to them? They're not the Oilers, the Red Wings can draft

Just now, GhostsOf1994 said:

You seriously think that trading markstrom because demko "Looks" to be ready?

Lets do this as an experiment...

Canucks trade markstrom for ????...

Canucks Name Demko as starter...

He struggles and his back up is.....Bachmann

....Bachmann is Thatchers backup....

Demko and struggle do not go together. Hes a beast

2 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Edler was a beast tonight (and for my fantasy team). There were a couple shifts where you could tell he was looking to make a hit. The man's playing with confidence. 

Screenshot_20191015-224822_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

I think playing with Myers on his pairing gives him confidence.... he's got another big guy who has his back and who can match him for physicality.

Eddy is the better of the two defensively, Myers is a better skater and puck carrier.  Both of them have excellent shots.

Neither of them is a true #1... but both are 1.5's.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Next game vs Blues is going to be a tough one. 

Big heavy pissed off team. Hasn't been playing great 

I look forward to that game.

I think 

Ferland will play a role in that game. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 1