The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Again Alex Edler managing 25 mins tonight again.  That makes it 4 out of 5 games where Edler has averaged 25 or more minutes a night.

I know we are on a role right now, but man Baumgartner needs to do a way better job managing Eddie's mins.  Reason Edler keeps getting hurt and looks tired by December is the lack of in game managing of his minutes.  We have a balanced defense now, limit his minutes so he is more fresh and makes less mental gaffs because he gets tired.

Yes he plays important minutes in all situations, but need to start taking some away so he is fresh and less susceptible to injury chances.  If anything I would like to see change is Baumgartner being more wise with Edler's mins

I agree to a certain extent... but on the other hand I also feel that Edler's minutes are easier ones because Myers is taking a lot of the physical load off Eddy's shoulders.

• Cheers 1

I was going to suggest that Detroit is the new Smurf team. But then I looked at their roster, 6 forwards and 5 D that are over 6'2". not all of them played tonight,

but wow do they ever play small.

After all these years of waiting it was sure nice to see our team 'take it' to the other team physically tonight

32 minutes ago, danjr said:

NOPE.
PP was awesome.  Gave so many different looks.Edler distributing to the shooters, and taking shots himself.  Three shot angles from two guys who can rip it, and one guy who can place it.

Then another looks was the down low net side presence 
Another look was Miller down low screening.
The best was moving both Boeser an Petey down the half walls, then posting Miller in the middle of the box.

There is not much more you can ask of a PP.

The only other look you can get is dropping both guys even closer to the front of the net(Miller and Bo), so Petey and Boeser can rip passes through the box to each other.

Newell is that you?

I said it looked better.....man :picard:

7 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

@ibesawesomey 

Thank you!

Geez cheap..... red wings.... buncha..... lost respect for players on that squad tonite. 

what are you talking about? that was a little good old tyme hockey

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

what are you talking about? that was a little good old tyme hockey

I knew Erne was an energy guy, didnt know he likes elbowing unsuspecting players.

Didnt like that headlock and the take down on myers, wish Myers stood Erne up and made him drop his gloves.

Was that Mantha with the slew foot and double head butt?

That's not old time hockey

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I knew Erne was an energy guy, didnt know he likes elbowing unsuspecting players.

Didnt like that headlock and the take down on myers, wish Myers stood Erne up and made him drop his gloves.

Was that Mantha with the slew foot and double head butt?

That's not old time hockey

i guess you didn't like the hit on Larkin either?

the only thing Erne did that I didn't like was the "Play dead" he shoulda got an unsportsmanlike for that.

the rest was old time hockey... Eddie Shore

Edited by lmm