The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

The season was never off track.  

Great game with a steadily improving team.  They don't even know how good they can be yet.  

Once they start having good 1st periods it’s game over for other teams. Team be having some really slow starts…

I’m really liking this team. Bo, Petey, and Brock have yet to really light it up, yet this team has won 3 games in very different fashion. Depth and balance.

I only watched the first 2 periods, fell asleep after a stressful day.

Did things get chippy in the third? I saw what Meyers did, but there was a head butt?? Slew foot? Can someone give me a 3rd period run down and maybe some videos clips? 

Tough game next....

Go Canucks Go!!!

I believe!!

7 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

I’m really liking this team. Bo, Petey, and Brock have yet to really light it up, yet this team has won 3 games in very different fashion. Depth and balance.

I only watched the first 2 periods, fell asleep after a stressful day.

Did things get chippy in the third? I saw what Meyers did, but there was a head butt?? Slew foot? Can someone give me a 3rd period run down and maybe some videos clips? 

Tough game next....

Go Canucks Go!!!

I believe!!

Very chippy. Haven’t see bits and push back like this since 2011 days..

Edler with 2010 looking hit. Huge hit.

Sutter got speared and pissed. Put a guy in a headlock. Myers and some Wings pos got into a wrestling match, ended with him diving after Myers pushed him.

Schaller with an open ice hit on Larkin. A solid clean one. 

We were playing physical af against there top players, so Glendenning went after Petey when we was on the PP. They didn’t show what happened but Petey got up pissed. We scored like 20 seconds later.

Stecher got elbowed in the face, and he wasn’t happy about it. Went after the Wings pos that elbowed him (same guy that Myers wrestled) . Both Stecher and the Wings pos got tossed.

Not sure if I missed anything, our 4th line played so well, especially Schaller. Got into the Wings head...

Next game against the Wings is going to be wild!

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Once they start having good 1st periods it’s game over for other teams. Team be having some really slow starts…

I'm tempering my expectations until I see how we do against heavy contenders. St. Louis will be a great test.

GCG!

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Damn nice game lol.

Schaller smacks Larkin with a nice open ice hit. Everyone gets pissy.

With 4 minutes left Green puts out Petey and Boeser with Ferland. Nice that we have that option. Then we continued to put out some big boys in Horvat, Pearson, JT Miller, Virtanen, Sutter, etc.

It was AWESOME watching our Canucks team with some actual bite. Loved watching Myers punch that chump in the head after he had Myers in a headlock.

What a game!!! Love the big bodies and fight back the team seems to have.

The only reason I quoted this is that I thought the guy Myers punched in the head last night was maybe 6'0" 200 lbs. But it turns out Erne is 6'1" and 214 and Myers slapped that bitck like a fly with a flyswatter.  Even more impressive how strong Myers is....I did not expect it seeing at what all the Jets fans kept posting.

Awesome!!

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

Sutter got speared and pissed. Put a guy in a headlock. Myers and some Wings pos got into a wrestling match, ended with him diving after Myers pushed him.

We were playing physical af against there top players, so Glendenning went after Petey when we was on the PP. They didn’t show what happened but Petey got up pissed. We scored like 20 seconds later.

Stecher got elbowed in the face, and he wasn’t happy about it. Went after the Wings pos that elbowed him (same guy that Myers wrestled) . Both Stecher and the Wings pos got tossed.

Not sure if I missed anything, our 4th line played so well, especially Schaller. Got into the Wings head...

Thanks!

A spear, that’s scum of the earth maneuver. I hope Yzerman has a little talk with his team, cause next time, Ferland might be awake and Rousell will be playing!

(My apologies for using Meyers, not Myers. I’ll place the blame with Apple)

• Cheers 1

Who the hell comes out when Rous is healthy?  Leivo?  Do they try to trade him?  Gaud down to Utica?  LE? 

What a great problem to have.

Miller Petey Boes

Ferland Bo Pearson

Rous Sutter Virtanen

Schaller Beagle Motte

Leivo

AG

LE

That's a heckuva bottom 6

22 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Golly, it's almost like JB knew what he was getting in Miller. 

It was no secret that JT Miller was a good player...The reason why some fans were annoyed was that a cap crunch team like Tampa had 0 leverage in making a deal so very likely a 1st wasn't needed. But its done now so we shall see what year that pick is and who gets selected.

In the meantime tho...yes, JT Miller is a good player and will help us...don't think anyone here ever thought he wouldn't work out.

• Haha 2

I enjoy canucks winning, but if we make the playoffs awesome, if we dont, than next year...i just want us to be a badazz team at home, so when teams come to rogers arena they will be afraid lol, but glad they on a 3 game win streak, it shows we have a very good team, and good things to come.

BC fans have had it rough with sports teams the past few years, bad football team (bc lions), whitecaps have been horrible for awile ( with owners not wanting to spend money to be competitive ) , so nothing for us to be proud of in BC, but with canucks and the ownership, shows they wanna be a cup contender, so for that, its something to cheer for and be proud of

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

The loser you’re referring to is a stool sample by the name of Adam Erne. 

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

It was no secret that JT Miller was a good player...The reason why some fans were annoyed was that a cap crunch team like Tampa had 0 leverage in making a deal so very likely a 1st wasn't needed. But its done now so we shall see what year that pick is and who gets selected.

In the meantime tho...yes, JT Miller is a good player and will help us...don't think anyone here ever thought he wouldn't work out.

I agree some posters thought the bolded was true.  But then...those posters have no idea about hockey trades...they just make up their own silly narratives.

JB paid the market price. It was a very good trade.  Simple.

Edit: the fact anyone thought JT Miller would get traded for less than a 1st round pick is just stupid lol.  :picard:

Edited by Kanukfanatic