The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) how to get rid of Erikssons terrible contract

Gator

2 hours ago, WCE said:

looking at Chicago 5 game loosing streak, I would consider

To Chi Eriksson,Baertschi,Stecher & 4th rd 2021

To Van Seabrook & Ladd 

Ladd is with the islanders, do you mean Saad?

Seabrook"s contract is terrible and has 4 years left after this season.

Saad 2 yr @ 6

Seabrook 5 yr @ 6.88

For

Eriksson 3 yr @ 6

Baertschi 2 yr @ 3.66

Stecher 1 yr @ 2.33

I like Baertschi getting a fresh start, happy eriksson is gone, like adding Saad, dislike moving stecher for seabrook as a replacement.

Though adding saad wouldn't give the canucks any flexibility as he replaces Eriksson roster spot. Saad would play in the top 9 preferably in the top 6. Pushing several players down the roster, with motte and leivo being scratched.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Saad

Ferland Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Sutter

Motte Leivo 

I hope that a deal with eriksson will return player(s) on ltir and save a roster spot.

Eriksson + Goldy for kesler?

Gaborik, Callahan, MacArthur ?

That said any eriksson trade will be a win unless roster players are the return, yes his cap hit sucks.

With the available players to fill his spot and the flexibility is a win.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Virtanen 

Ferland Gaudette Sutter

Roussel Beagle Leivo

Motte 

Edler Myers 

Hughes Tanev 

Benn Stecher 

Sautner Fantenberg 

With Juolevi, Goldobin Baertschi in the AHL.

1 hour ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Ladd is with the islanders, do you mean Saad?

Seabrook"s contract is terrible and has 4 years left after this season.

Saad 2 yr @ 6

Seabrook 5 yr @ 6.88

For

Eriksson 3 yr @ 6

Baertschi 2 yr @ 3.66

Stecher 1 yr @ 2.33

I like Baertschi getting a fresh start, happy eriksson is gone, like adding Saad, dislike moving stecher for seabrook as a replacement.

Though adding saad wouldn't give the canucks any flexibility as he replaces Eriksson roster spot. Saad would play in the top 9 preferably in the top 6. Pushing several players down the roster, with motte and leivo being scratched.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Saad

Ferland Gaudette Virtanen

Roussel Beagle Sutter

Motte Leivo 

I hope that a deal with eriksson will return player(s) on ltir and save a roster spot.

Eriksson + Goldy for kesler?

Gaborik, Callahan, MacArthur ?

That said any eriksson trade will be a win unless roster players are the return, yes his cap hit sucks.

With the available players to fill his spot and the flexibility is a win.

Miller Pettersson Boeser 

Pearson Horvat Virtanen 

Ferland Gaudette Sutter

Roussel Beagle Leivo

Motte 

Edler Myers 

Hughes Tanev 

Benn Stecher 

Sautner Fantenberg 

With Juolevi, Goldobin Baertschi in the AHL.

yes I mean Saad

36 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Lol. So much wrong with this.  

Why? Markstrom won’t get resigned next year, we don’t have the space for him. Martin Jones can get bought out and we get a cap hit of 2 mill fir the next 5 years. Jones can also bounce back perhaps with our goalie coach and get picked up by Seattle if he goes good. San Jose gets the goalie they need badly. Trade contract for contract. There is no easy way to lose Eriksson. This is an option. We can’t but out Lou because our cap relief ain’t worth it. 

Markstrom will want 5 mil per season minimum at 30 years old for probably 4 years no love clause.  We will not sign him and will lose him for nothing.

Edited by Krzysl

5 hours ago, Krzysl said:

Why? Markstrom won’t get resigned next year, we don’t have the space for him. Martin Jones can get bought out and we get a cap hit of 2 mill fir the next 5 years. Jones can also bounce back perhaps with our goalie coach and get picked up by Seattle if he goes good. San Jose gets the goalie they need badly. Trade contract for contract. There is no easy way to lose Eriksson. This is an option. We can’t but out Lou because our cap relief ain’t worth it. 

Markstrom will want 5 mil per season minimum at 30 years old for probably 4 years no love clause.  We will not sign him and will lose him for nothing.

9.67 for marky and eriksson

5.75 for jones

SJS have 20k in cap space

Where does sjs pull 4 million out of? Throntons beard?

Canucks won't sign markstrom before seattle expansion.

If he does want to come back and be the #2 behind Demko until Dipietro/Kielly/Silovs become adequate back ups, I'm all for it.

That said Markstrom won't be getting 5+m in Vancouver.

Just be patient.  The season is just getting started and teams are starting to get some major players injured.  Keep playing the young guns and stick LE in from time to time until something unfolds.  Don't throw away any draft picks.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2019 at 4:38 AM, GhostsOf1994 said:

That said Markstrom won't be getting 5+m in Vancouver.

JB is our GM, we are an improving team. I don't see JB NOT signing Marky unless he wants a super long term high $ contract. I like Demko, I want him to be the #1 G of our future as he the perfect age. Say we are ultra competitive for a cup in 4-6 years Marky will be mid 30s plus. Not many G are playing at an elite level at that age, sure you can name some Hall of Fame Goalies but Marky isn't one of them.

I hope we give Demko a decent amount of games this year. If we role with Marky most of the time, its all but written in stone he is getting extended by us and the team sees him as the #1 guy. We then sit back and wait to see what we do for the expansion draft.

Whatever JB does...do NOT give Markstrom a NMC!!

Columbus has a lot of cap space to fit LE but would he waive to go there...Dubinsky or Wennberg would come back our way, we add definitely to get Wennberg. Or maybe Jenner? He is off to a slower start than Wennberg, maybe they move him and hope Wennberg can get more of his offensive game back.

Boone Jenner for LE 40% Retained and we add something else

25 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Alzner for LE with retention? Same term left and if we eat some % to even the deal out maybe Montreal takes a flyer on LE?

I doubt Montreal would have any interest.  Montreal already has too many bottom 6 forwards.  Bergevin is also a fan of keeping extra defensemen around against injuries.  They have a ton of cap space so having Alzner sit in the minors for $3.5m cap isn’t killing them.  If they have an injury on defence they can call him up.  Ericksson wouldn’t fill any hole for Montreal, even in the event of an injury.   

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when we signed this contract and people were saying that:

• his play wouldn't drop off significantly
  • the contract would be easy to move if it did

Those are two things that anyone could have seen coming the moment we signed him. 

Edited by Horvat is a Boss
  • Upvote 1