The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Taylor Hall for......

Bertorama

Interesting article from Elliot states Taylor Hall talks in Jersey may reverse from how to sign Taylor to a contract extension to what can NJ get for him. 

Elliot was on Sportsnet tonight regarding his article on 31 thoughts between periods in the Oilers-Flyers game and felt the way the team is under scrutiny from the front office the trade could come much sooner then a trade deadline if things don’t pick up in NJ. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-taylor-hall-contract-status-looms-slow-starting-devils/

8CDFF10F-0B3C-4A74-B560-F617619364B9.thumb.jpeg.718f3c1409f11a448d047146750cf088.jpeg

Is there any way Canucks could get Taylor ?would the Canucks team design work with a Taylor Hall or want Taylor ?  How would that work. 

I’m not a contact numbers guy. I’m Thinking hes getting traded this year if Devils don’t come out close to even win/loss after 20 games, just wonder what or where he would go?

Edited by Bertorama

5 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

Interesting article from Elliot states trade talks in Jersey may reverse from how to sign Taylor to what can we get for him. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-taylor-hall-contract-status-looms-slow-starting-devils/

8CDFF10F-0B3C-4A74-B560-F617619364B9.thumb.jpeg.718f3c1409f11a448d047146750cf088.jpeg

Is there any way Canucks could get Taylor ?would the Canucks team design work with a Taylor Hall or want Taylor ?  How would that work. 

I’m not a contract gun capable of thinking this through loling for the Pros to chime in. 

Simply put... No. The price would be too high, plus we already have the pieces we need in the players we have. Would it be nice, yes. Is it feasible, no. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Trade? No. Wait till free agency. Surely TH will wait till July 1st to see the dollars offered. Maybe we can afford him but I doubt it. Paying a winger what TH will demand is risky business IMHO.

That sounds like a final signing before running to the cup, TBH. Any team who thinks they're close will buck up. I can't see NJ doing anything at all this season, so he's as good as gone. If I had to guess a trade with us, it would be Tanner Pearson +

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

Hall - Pettersson - Boeser...

One can dream right?

Goaltending is an issue in NJ

this topic could get pushed to Arm Chair now that I think about it, let the moderators  decide. 

Markstrom ???  Demko???  NJ seems to like our goalies but maybe not after Schneider. 

He has put up crazy numbers for playing on bottom feeding teams. Legitimate elite player in his current prime. Amazing skater too which is huge in today's game. Willing to bet this guy gets paid close to McDavid numbers on the open market. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

That sounds like a final signing before running to the cup, TBH. Any team who thinks they're close will buck up. I can't see NJ doing anything at all this season, so he's as good as gone. If I had to guess a trade with us, it would be Tanner Pearson +

If Ferland doesn't fit here I'd rather have him included.  On paper at least, he should have some name appeal.  Tanner and Bo have chemistry and I don't want to mess that up.  That plus we might need to give up Markstrom (which would be totally fine if Demko proves he's ready).  

Ferland + Markstrom + maybe Juolevi or Stecher?  This year they're just awful on defense and a blue-chipper like Olli should get interest if he has a good season in Utica/ gets some time in the bigs.  If Troy feels unsatisfied with being relegated to 3rd pair duties I'd include him, we could always bump Jordie to the right side and play Olli on his left.

EDIT: crazy how with the depth we've stockpiled, I doubt it even really dents the team (besides losing the starting goalie, though hopefully we'd have the heir apparent already in place)

Edited by Phil_314

7 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

He has put up crazy numbers for playing on bottom feeding teams. Legitimate elite player in his current prime. Amazing skater too which is huge in today's game. Willing to bet this guy gets paid close to McDavid numbers on the open market. 

I see someone paying 9 maybe 10million for 8years.  In 8years he is 36. Nevertheless teams will pay especially if there is a bidding war. Who can even afford 12.5million for a player and still be cup contenders in 2-3years. Maybe Col? Imagine if toronto went in for him LOL. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, milk and honey said:

I see someone paying 9 maybe 10million for 8years.  In 8years he is 36. Nevertheless teams will pay especially if there is a bidding war. Who can even afford 12.5million for a player and still be cup contenders in 2-3years. Maybe Col? Imagine if toronto went in for him LOL. 

Well "close" to McDavid numbers. Didn't necessarily mean in the 12 range. He gets 10-11 million a year imho. 

Edited by RRypien37

Hall could be the missing piece to a Cup for many teams, including Vancouver.  With Miller and Pearson in the fold Hall could be the last piece to fill the top 6.  I would definitely go for it.  Don't think you would need to trade anybody.  I assume he will wait until July 1st.  He could just be someone else's rental for this year.  If he waits until July 1st there will be a massive bidding war.  I'd offer him Marner money no problem.  He's a 100 point guy on a good team and has speed to burn.  Imagine if he was playing with McDavid right now?  Still can't believe they traded him for Larsson.

Miller            Pettersson   Boeser

Hall              Horvat          Podkolzin

Hoglander   Gaudette      Virtanen

Ferland        Madden       MacEwen

Big, strong, speedy.  Our team would be complete for years...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Hall could be the missing piece to a Cup for many teams, including Vancouver.  With Miller and Pearson in the fold Hall could be the last piece to fill the top 6.  I would definitely go for it.  Don't think you would need to trade anybody.  I assume he will wait until July 1st.  He could just be someone else's rental for this year.  If he waits until July 1st there will be a massive bidding war.  I'd offer him Marner money no problem.  He's a 100 point guy on a good team and has speed to burn.  Imagine if he was playing with McDavid right now?  Still can't believe they traded him for Larsson.

Premature to call us buyers. Certainly for rentals anyway.

I hope to all hell, we are not buyers. I did not like it, could take it with Miller. Who is at least a medium term asset with 4 years on his pact.  4 months and I would lose my sh!t! :frantic:

1 minute ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Premature to call us buyers. Certainly for rentals anyway.

I hope to all hell, we are not buyers. I did not like it, could take it with Miller. Who is at least a medium term asset with 4 years on his pact.  4 months and I would lose my sh!t! :frantic:

I was talking about signing him in the summer not at the deadline...

• Cheers 1