The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Taylor Hall for......

Bertorama

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Hall is going to want big bucks, and to sign with a contender. We don’t have the cap space (with extensions needed for Pettersson & Hughes), or the contender status.

I could see the Blues making a play, especially if they determine they won't be re-signing Pietrangelo. LW is their weakest position (not much after Schwartz), and they have the type of bluechip prospects that could get the deal done (Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin).

Personally, I'd be scared of his injury history. Only played an 82-game season once in his career, just 33 games last year.

There it is.

His injury history makes him a liability.

10 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

He has put up crazy numbers for playing on bottom feeding teams. Legitimate elite player in his current prime. Amazing skater too which is huge in today's game. Willing to bet this guy gets paid close to McDavid numbers on the open market. 

Omg TH may be good but he ain't Mcdavid. The prices are stupidly ridic.

.. too much. 

This is one of those things where the value would be so high it wouldn't be worth it. We'd have to gut our prospects, defence or goalie position to do it and the net overall difference wouldn't be worth it. 

• Cheers 1

I think Jim has done a great job this past summer adding Miller, Ferland, Meyers,Benn and 7th D man Fantenberg..

Will have Pearson for full season, in 19 games Vancouver last year 19GP 9 G - 3A - 12 pts

Have Hughes for full season and he could put up between 35-40 points

I really think Leivo, Virtanen, Pettersson, Bo, Boser, Demko will all all show improvement ....

We have depth at Utica,  Juolevi, MacEwen, Brisebois, Goldy, Baertschi, Sautner..

Very strong with Markstrom and Demko...

Exciting year....

So I would not trade for Hall, his new contract will be in 8 - 9 million Dollar range and we have other players to sign soon to big contracts,

Pettersson, Hughes... 

Edited by wildcam

11 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Hall gets traded back to Edmonton for Adam Larsson, duh:

Oh I am sure Edmonton would be interested, but why the heck would Hall be interested in going there?

No one will trade (And give up significant assets) without an extension agreed to and Hall just wants to go somewhere that he can compete for a Cup.

Honestly only way I would bring hall in is when his a free agent and he signs for a fair price....he could be our Hossa.....

and I could see that happening....

everyone thinks hall will want a big raise but their forgetting, hall has played his whole career on $&!#ty teams.....He wants to win and his hungry for the playoffs....

I could see him signing with a contender for less just for a chance to win....

Yes please Edmonton,

go get Hall and show that four players (McJesus, Draisaitl,Neal and then Hall can decimate your cap hit.

So many 1oa and top five draft picks and still you guys SUCK.You get on a roll, an already your planning the parade routes,just like the LEAFS.

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Pearson/Miller + Podkolzin+ OJ +2020 1st  for Hall

6 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

.. too much. 

This is one of those things where the value would be so high it wouldn't be worth it. We'd have to gut our prospects, defence or goalie position to do it and the net overall difference wouldn't be worth it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Pearson/Miller + Podkolzin+ OJ +2020 1st  for Hall

Hall is good, but he’s not that good.  JT Miller is actually a more complete player than Hall.  Remember Hall is a head down player, and he’s a rental. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think this is too much say we do Miller + OJ+Podz+1 st. it takes something to get something

Hall Petey Boesser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Rouseel Gaudette Ferland

Schaller Sutter Beagle

edler- Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetch

Marky 

Demko

? how is this gutted?

top prospects

Hoglander

Madden

Lind

Gadjo

Woo

Just now, Alflives said:

Hall is good, but he’s not that good.  JT Miller is actually a more complete player than Hall.  Remember Hall is a head down player, and he’s a rental. 

Hall is >>>>JTM but I agree JTM hurts to give up, substitute in Pearson for all I care, I doubt that is too much. NJD will want one of our 4 young studs

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

I don't think this is too much say we do Miller + OJ+Podz+1 st. it takes something to get something

Hall Petey Boesser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Rouseel Gaudette Ferland

Schaller Sutter Beagle

edler- Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetch

Marky 

Demko

? how is this gutted?

top prospects

Hoglander

Madden

Lind

Gadjo

Woo

Miller is a more complete player, and is signed to a great contract.  Hall is not so good as many think.  

3 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Hall Petey Boesser

Pearson Horvat Virtanen

Rouseel Gaudette Ferland

Schaller Sutter Beagle

edler- Myers

Hughes Tanev

Benn Stetch

Marky 

Demko

? how is this gutted?

top prospects

Hoglander

Madden

Lind

Gadjo

Woo

you're giving up on Podz - he could have a ceiling like Tkachuk. OJ has a shot at being a top pairing d. Whats that 1st going to be? who knows.

Yeah you're paying too much for Hall. Pods + Miller probably produce as much as Hall will, but also bring grit which Hall does not, and you're losing a top 2/4 d too. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

Hall is >>>>JTM but I agree JTM hurts to give up, substitute in Pearson for all I care, I doubt that is too much. NJD will want one of our 4 young studs

Pearson is playing great with Bo, but I would do Pearson + Jake + a second.  No more though.  Hall is strictly a rental. Plus Hall is a head down player.  

• Cheers 1