The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Taylor Hall for......

Bertorama

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pearson is playing great with Bo, but I would do Pearson + Jake + a second.  No more though.  Hall is strictly a rental. Plus Hall is a head down player.  

it is heart warming that CDC likes JBs work so much that they are not willing to part with many pieces for Hall. 

I agree, some chemistry building on our top 2 lines with the addition of miller and pearson

• Like 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

it is heart warming that CDC likes JBs work so much that they are not willing to part with many pieces for Hall. 

I agree, some chemistry building on our top 2 lines with the addition of miller and pearson

I like Hall, but he’s a rental.  As our current guys age out, or start to cost too much, we will need young guys coming up to replace them, who are on ELCs.  Hoglander, Podz, Lind, OJ, Woo, Rathbone, Madden, Lockwood etc.  I can’t see another way, in the cap era, to keep a window for winning open for several years.  We have a core of really good young players.  They are surrounded by really good vets, and some other young guys.  Those vets and other young guys will need to be replaced with cheaper options over the next 3-5 years.  

• Upvote 2

He is going to be looking to go to a contender,  played in one playoff series his whole career.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he tests free agency, maybe he gets traded and then tests the market unless he lands somewhere he has a chance to win it all.

Would love to see him in Vancouver, but I don't think we could fit him under the cap, not when the core get their new deals.

We do need one more pure goal scoring winger hmmm and they do need a tendy 

demko 

Ericksson 

hall (as long as its a trade and sign) 

Blackwood 

im still more confident in marky then demko tbh demkos skill set is still stiff where our window with this team is open for the next 3-5 yrs and marky is only 29 basically in his prime 

im sure ill get flamed but hey thinking outside the box cause we need to complete that 2nd line with another pure goalscorer 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Don't want.

Don't need.

Can't afford.

If you mean can't afford in a cap sense, I'd agree - and beyond that, would not want to spend what it would take.

Very talented - but still, imo over-rated - and a guy that always looks  like an accident waiting to happen.  For what it would cost in assets, don't like how vacant he can be without the puck, how risky he is with it (a real injury prone style of game), and furthermore, expiring at age 29 means a long term deal/max term to a guy that is on the cups of 30....it all adds up to a solid no imo.

• Like 1

No thanks, he's almost 28 and will command cap he likely won't be worth in 6-8 years. Our growing core is young and the future looks bright with the squad we currently have.

He's not worth what it'd take to acquire and re-sign him and we don't need him. 

• Upvote 1

I would question his attitude and commitment, he has a history of well,  not being the best team player. The talent is there , but I don’t think he brings a winning pedigree. On paper Mcdavid and Hall should have been unstoppable, but no, on paper New Jersey should be much better, but that’s why we’re having this conversation. There’s something about blaming everyone around you for what’s wrong with your team and not being part of the solution.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:17 PM, Pears said:

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser...

One can dream right?

Fixed it for you Pears

But ya every team would love to have Hall. Canucks included. 

Price would be steep if he's made available. Not something Canucks could afford yet..

Plus he probably signs with a contender next summer when he hits UFA. I'm sure he's sick of losing and not playing in playoffs. He's in his 10th season and made the playoffs twice. Both times out in 5 games first round so total 10 playoffs games in his career.

He's gone from NJD and will sign with a Cup contender next summer. Best they trade him and get a couple good pieces for their rebuild. 

Wonder if Rutherford in PIT will take a shot at trading for him. Wouldn't be surprised. CAR as well. They look primed to take a run at SCF.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 1:29 AM, RRypien37 said:

He has put up crazy numbers for playing on bottom feeding teams. Legitimate elite player in his current prime. Amazing skater too which is huge in today's game. Willing to bet this guy gets paid close to McDavid numbers on the open market. 

This.  Considering what Panarin and Tavares got, even with his injury history I think if he reaches free agency teams will be willing to pay something in between.  Of the three Tavares is the best - but as wingers go Panarin, Hall and Marner are probably three of the best (after Kane) in the business for actually driving the bus.    Hall deservedly won the Hart, if he can have another season close to that this year his price tag could put him right at the top paid in the league like you said.   

For us, of course would love to have him.  Would make our top line one of the most dangerous in the league and possibly ever (Canucks all-time) in a year or two.    If we could get him for 10 x 6 I’d do it.   Would mean some dismantling would have to happen - but that’s what it takes to put a team over the top.   The trickle down affect would be huge for our top six and our depth.   

Edit:  Just imagine what nine million will buy us two seasons after this one....seriously hope JB doesn’t buckle when we are close and buy-out LE ... just extending the pain.    Most of that money will be needed for EP...ok maybe all of it.

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

Foolproof plan: 

1. Miss playoffs (NJ makes Playoffs)

2. Trade for Hall's negotiating rights (3rd Rounder)

3. Win Draft Lotto (1st Overall)

4. Trade Hall's negotiating rights (4th Rounder) 

5. Win Cup 2021 (Tampa gets 32nd pick) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Big risk for a contender to give up huge assets for a guy who still won't keep his head up when cutting through the middle of the ice.  His game isn't suited at all to the playoffs, which will negatively affect the return NJ gets.  Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him play out the season there.

• Cheers 1

Five career playoff games. Ouch. Kid has talent but strikes me as a "me first" type. If I remember correctly there were rumours of issues in the room in Edmonton? He can be exciting but he reminds me of Skinner. Not my first choice of players to build a winner around. 

55 minutes ago, rekker said:

Five career playoff games. Ouch. Kid has talent but strikes me as a "me first" type. If I remember correctly there were rumours of issues in the room in Edmonton? He can be exciting but he reminds me of Skinner. Not my first choice of players to build a winner around. 

You got to feel for the guy though. He's already in the prime of his career and has only played 5 playoff games. 

13 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

You got to feel for the guy though. He's already in the prime of his career and has only played 5 playoff games. 

I hear you. I would think it plays a factor into where he signs. Cant help but think of Jay Bouwmeester. I think about ten seasons and not one playoff game. Now he has a ring. 

On 10/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, Aladeen said:

Foolproof plan: 

1. Miss playoffs (NJ makes Playoffs)

2. Trade for Hall's negotiating rights (3rd Rounder)

3. Win Draft Lotto (1st Overall)

4. Trade Hall's negotiating rights (4th Rounder) 

5. Win Cup 2021 (Tampa gets 32nd pick) 

Given you didn't say which cup and where Tampa would get the 32nd pick from, I totally agree! ;)