The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Just finished watching the game. 3 things...

1) Wow what a move by Leivo

2) Demko was great

And most importantly...

3) That was the most pathetic 5 on 3 I can recall. Petey's 1T is the most dangerous part of our PP & we haven't even tried to use it once this year on the 2 man adv. They don't even try to set him up for it.... Asinine. 

It was a great effort, but man that PP left me pulling my hair out. 

The PK is loading up 2 guys always close to him. They have BROCK out there too who can rip it just a well from the other side. PP sucks, we all know it, and we all know why. Not enough quick puck movement and not enough guys switching places ala the good old Sedin pick.

• Upvote 1

Just now, xereau said:

The PK is loading up 2 guys always close to him. They have BROCK out there too who can rip it just a well from the other side. PP sucks, we all know it, and we all know why. Not enough quick puck movement and not enough guys switching places ala the good old Sedin pick.

No I mean on the 5 on 3. They have Pettersson down low as the playmaker. They need him back a bit more to setup, and if they send a guy to him then its a 4 on 2, even better. 

They don't even put him in that spot on the 5 on 3, its crazy. 

11 minutes ago, Darius said:

Not too long ago they would get worked by a team like the blues on the boards and around the net. 

theres been a planned effort to add lots of weight and grit on the wings and it’s gonna pay off.  Pearson, Ferland , Miller, Schaller and Leivo... throw in Jake ... even Brock is over 200lbs.

I cheered hard for a guy like Baer to succeed, but you can see the reasoning to keep other heavier / grittier players on the roster instead of him after a game like this. 

Very well said. We are much better balanced and can adapt to different type of play. We are no longer "One Dimensional"!!!!!!

Slow clap for Bo as that is how a Leader leads. Down by a goal and you dig down and find a way to score, no excuses. Showed a little emotion before that. I am liking what I am seeing so far. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

What a comeback.

Demko was lights out the second half of the game

Yeah and he hasn't had any action before last game, impressive, and I still think he has one of the best goalie last names out there..

Looking for to more announcers saying " Great save Demkoooooooo!!!! on a regular basis, seems exactly the model of our team.. the more he plays the better he gets.. 

Thanks Jimbo for having the best goalie coaches around and for awhile now, paying off in spades!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, samurai said:

Dude at the moment this is highway robbery and on Benning's resume with the Nucks it is up there with three draft steals - Brock, EP and Hughes.  Miller is the real deal.  I cannot believe we got this guy for a picks.  Benning is a freaking genius.   

Awww yes, well said. This man speaks the Truth. Looool and love the comedic output in the post Sir.

Thoughts:

1) that 5 on 3 (and our powerplay generally) was more painful than both of my vasectomies;

2) Pettersson has gone full-blown Henrik Sedin on us and has decided he can only stickhandle the puck into the net rather than shoot;

3) most of the team looked very non-chalant the entire game and yet we managed to pull out a come from behind win against the cup champs;

4) that's two games in a row now that i) Demko makes me nervous, and then ii) TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF;

5) Leivo with the one half Bobby Orr and one half Dennis Wideman wipeout on the shootout winner, I lol'ed on the replay.