The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Cali Canuck said:

I know but probably best if TD doesn't have to play 3 games in 4 days.  Both games are very early 1:00 pm ET - I'd like Marky and TD to each get a start

I think Demko loves the games and will take them when he can get them.  But I agree, having them both rested and ready is best - lowers the risk of injury and enable us to get the best out of them both. They’ve sure looked good.

homer simpson episode 3 GIF

Didn’t know that 2020 1st would pan out so quickly. Years ahead of his projected curve..

Can I get a “HELL YEAH” from the best fans in hockey? What a sweet victory. This is a fully functional *team* for the first time in a while. Missing Marky of course, but part of a functioning team is the next man up mentality. Great job by Thatch to keep the W in reach. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Just finished watching the game. 3 things...

1) Wow what a move by Leivo

2) Demko was great

And most importantly...

3) That was the most pathetic 5 on 3 I can recall. Petey's 1T is the most dangerous part of our PP & we haven't even tried to use it once this year on the 2 man adv. They don't even try to set him up for it.... Asinine. 

It was a great effort, but man that PP left me pulling my hair out. 

I said this twice on this thread and i feel like turning into henrik on the halfwall just passing 

even brock on the other side hasnt got many of his 1 Ts from his spot we really need to utilize that if we wanna be effective going forward 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Topcheeze86 said:

I said this twice on this thread and i feel like hes turning into henrik on the halfwall just passing 

even brock on the other side hasnt got many of his 1 Ts from his spot we really need to utilize that if we wanna be effective going forward 

I thought Virtanen actually had a decent game. I liked that line of Ferland Sutter Virtanen. I am sure Demko would like that 3rd goal back but he certainly redeemed himself in the latter half of the game. I thought Brock also had a stronger game even though he wasn't on the score sheet.

Most people agree that Pettersson and Boeser have started a little slower than expected... but they still have a very quiet 6points in 6 games.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, samurai said:

Dude at the moment this is highway robbery and on Benning's resume with the Nucks it is up there with three draft steals - Brock, EP and Hughes.  Miller is the real deal.  I cannot believe we got this guy for a picks.  Benning is a freaking genius.   

Arguably stole Pods.. so even if we did over pay then it sort of evened out, worst case scenario but JB nailed it, wait until Ferky turns it on soon, Myers is playing well, same with Benn, and Hughes? Wow.. was hoping to see him In SO, blast a 25 foot slap shot and lean into it like his first goal but he was beaten to it..

Demko?  That was shutting the door on some skilled shooters, no not Ovie, McDavid, Marner etc but stoned em all!  Wtg Thatch!

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, xereau said:

The PK is loading up 2 guys always close to him. They have BROCK out there too who can rip it just a well from the other side. PP sucks, we all know it, and we all know why. Not enough quick puck movement and not enough guys switching places ala the good old Sedin pick.

This is why Hughes needs to be on the top unit , he can walk the line , gain rapid zone entries and distribute the puck and create plays.Also shown he has a good enough shot and more importantly can get it through.  Heck if he turns it over he can catch up with ease. The last time our pp looked good was when we had hutton at the point because that smiley faced dope understood get puck pass to ep or brock one timers and repeat. 

• Upvote 2

this powerplay is god awful.. watching paint dry might be more exciting.. that 5v3.. no comment.. petey to the rescue with that nice deke around the goalie and horvat banging it in.. the PP was only good against mediocre and bad team.. against ok teams and up.. it looks garbage

41 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

One of the best things this team has done is bring Ian Clark back. He has done amazing things with our goalies. 

100%. Demko still challenges the puck a bit more than Marky (overplays) but reels himself back quickly.

The biggest change I've noticed in Marky's game since Clark came back is Marky stays in his crease, doesn't jump to challenge shots, is always in better position to make the 2nd or 3rd save by using far less energy on the first.

Rebound control is bit of a thing. But that's like &^@#ing impossible to master when guys are shooting 100kmh.

38 minutes ago, samurai said:

Dude at the moment this is highway robbery and on Benning's resume with the Nucks it is up there with three draft steals - Brock, EP and Hughes.  Miller is the real deal.  I cannot believe we got this guy for a picks.  Benning is a freaking genius.   

Again, 100%. Miller is the &^@#ing bomb. JB totally nailed it this off season.

Loui, Baer and Goldy are all on the outside now. I love Baer, love him, and thought the team was making a mistake by waiving him, but they're winning.

Goldy still holds some promise.

That's decent top 6 depth.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2