The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

38 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I thought Virtanen actually had a decent game. I liked that line of Ferland Sutter Virtanen. I am sure Demko would like that 3rd goal back but he certainly redeemed himself in the latter half of the game. I thought Brock also had a stronger game even though he wasn't on the score sheet.

I hope that line finds some chemistry.  

Also I bet EP absolutely hates the Blues after this one

I noticed that Green changed his lines up a bit in the 3rd.  I feel like I saw a line of Motte Horvat and Virtanen quite a few times, anyone recall?  

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I noticed that Green changed his lines up a bit in the 3rd.  I feel like I saw a line of Motte Horvat and Virtanen quite a few times, anyone recall?  

I thought I saw Virtanen with Horvat a couple times and for Motte on the 3rd line a bit

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

The main bright spot on this game is the play of Demko. I think he's going to be a solid back up for us this year.

I see the hyped. Has huge potential for sure. I am hoping he is the next Brodeur.

I don't think I have ever been so excited about a young core as of now. If we can keep Boeser, petey, bo, grad, miller demko, quinn, olli, ect.. next 5-7years we are gonna be a powerhouse. Add to that group a few more solid draft picks, and hopefully a late round steal or 2. Benning is underrated and although I think sooner or later we might get a different gm to push us over the top. He took a dying club that Gillis left who to be fair made a contender but he couldn't rebuild. I am just so pump about the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I saw Motte and Horvat. Not to sure about virtanen.

Ferbabe didn't play much in the 3rd maybe a injury?

Virtanen needs top 6 to shine or needs a really solid mentor to be a solid 3rd liner. I wonder if higgins, hansen, malhotra. I really think he has always gotten hype and 1st line minutes growing up and since making the big leagues been on the bottom 6 most of the time. It's harder minutes and requires a different range of skill and mental ability.

also anyone know our faceoff %? I would be curious to see how we are doing in that area

27 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

That game had it all, drama, excitement, fast paced frantic action. Demko stealing another win. It's nice to have goaltending and defense. 

Can't wait until everyone catches up to Miller and gets firing on all cylinders. 

I’m not sure If it’s a case of “everyone catching up to Miller,” as it’s a case of, “opposing defensemen and shut down centers are overcommitting to Petey and Brock which is allowing Miller to be freed up.”

if you’ve noticed, a few of Millers’ goals this year has been from him being wide open in the slot and ripping it.   There’s a reason why he’s often so “wide open.”

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

I’m not sure If it’s a case of “everyone catching up to Miller,” as it’s a case of, “opposing defensemen and shut down centers are overcommitting to Petey and Brock which is allowing Miller to be freed up.”

if you’ve noticed, a few of Millers’ goals this year has been from him being wide open in the slot and ripping it.   There’s a reason why he’s often so “wide open.”

I guess the rest of the league still sees Miller as the supposed overpaid 3rd/4th liner that we overpaid to acquire, so why bother focusing on him? (Oh wait that's just the fickle "fans" here)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

I see the hyped. Has huge potential for sure. I am hoping he is the next Brodeur.

I don't think I have ever been so excited about a young core as of now. If we can keep Boeser, petey, bo, grad, miller demko, quinn, olli, ect.. next 5-7years we are gonna be a powerhouse. Add to that group a few more solid draft picks, and hopefully a late round steal or 2. Benning is underrated and although I think sooner or later we might get a different gm to push us over the top. He took a dying club that Gillis left who to be fair made a contender but he couldn't rebuild. I am just so pump about the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine if Olli turns out to be just a decent NHLer. Not a star, not a top 2 D, but just a decent NHLer. Just THAT would be a hell of a bonus on top of what we got.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

wasn't too happy with binnington climbing on top of petey after the goal shoving his face into the ice. wouldn't mind accidental bumps by our players next game. i mean petey didn't even touch him so not sure why he felt the need to go after him a little.

Someone mentioned that as Petey was pointing to the refs that the puck was in the net, he kept inadvertently punching Perron.  

At first I thought that Binnington drove his head into the ice, but I saw a replay from a different angle and it was just a facewash as Binnington didn't want Petey to be able to see the puck and swat it in.  He still wasn't sure if the puck had gone over the line.  Not that big of a deal IMO. 

5 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Imagine if Olli turns out to be just a decent NHLer. Not a star, not a top 2 D, but just a decent NHLer. Just THAT would be a hell of a bonus on top of what we got.

I really think that between Jett Woo, Olli Juolevi and Jack Rathbone, we will have at least one top 4 NHL d-man.  I actually don't think that any of them are top 2 d-man material but I hope to be wrong on that one!