The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I don't have the most confidence in Demko but he was pretty great in that game. Still wish he'd tighten up some holes in his game but his outstanding agility made for some beauty saves tonight and was an absolute monster in the shootout. Props to him! Great game. Also that looked like vintage Pettersson. 

Also another game where we got lucky with refs. So far I have us with a +1 for favourable reffing which is odd. 

• Upvote 1

Great game, the team is finding ways to win games when they are outplayed. 

If we are going to loose one of Markstrom or Demko next season, showcasing Demko now is going to be to our advantage. We either keep him as our future #1 or we trade him. 

I view Virtanen in the same boat. His game time now is going to up his trade value. 

Possible future package of Demko + Virtanen for someone good 

6 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I really think that between Jett Woo, Olli Juolevi and Jack Rathbone, we will have at least one top 4 NHL d-man.  I actually don't think that any of them are top 2 d-man material but I hope to be wrong on that one!  

I think the guy that has the most upside out of those 3 guys is actually Jack Rathbone. That kid can skate and he has a bomb from the point.

Like all young goaltenders, Demko was inconsistent.

1st goal should have been blocked but slid through him and easy pickings for Fabri.

Other two goals were shots which should have been stopped.

But just when it looked like Demko would be blown out, he settles down, does a great job when it was 5 on 3, and then was lights out in the shootout.

Rest of the team played well... nice to see Ferland and Bo get their first... and Leivo partially redeemed himself after all his missed chances with the shootout winner.

Good physical game... the Canucks were forechecking well.  I felt they outplayed the Blues for the balance of the game.

I think the team would have beaten the Blues quite easily if Markstrom was in the net.

But it was a good experience for Demko... another in the bank and more lessons learned and a good confidence booster.

Oh yeah... what hands by Petey leading up to the 3rd Canucks goal....  :bigblush:

Binnington was so pissed after being made to look a fool he had to jump on EP and give him a cheapshot.  :lol:

I think the goal was actually Petey's... but better that it went to Bo... he needs the confidence boost.

JT Miller continues to live under a golden light... he can do nothing wrong now... his positioning has been perfect.

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"Resilient effort tonight. Weren't at our best the first two periods, got a big penalty kill and we hung in there... found a way to win... It wasn't a clean game for our group tonight. Didn't think the passing game was clean. But man, you aren't going to complain about a gutsy win like that." - Green

Nobody is going to post Pettersson's between the legs dangle?

• Cheers 1

Massive character win obviously but the little things that didn't work for us last time are now. Great goaltending, great PK and PP, character guys stepping up at big moments.

I think the unsung hero of the year so far is the 95% 1st in the league penalty kill lead by Edler, Tanev, Myers and the goalies. It's just been unreal to watch, we've had our goalies had to bail us out of a lot of 5 on 3 chances but the 5 on 4s have been admirably killed by the great D men and our solid 4th liners.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Sorry i dont get it lol

What does Wyatt mean? 

They played "Holiday" by Green Day on the organ in the arena after Ferland scored. That was our goal song for a few years in the height of the Sedin era

Edited by MattJVD

2 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

Like i said peteys turning into henrik on the halfwall he needs to start shooting more 

Edler is also not feeding him for the one timer enough... they need to try that shot at least once every PP.

They should try a one timer to Petey and a one time to Brock at least once every PP.