The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I guess the rest of the league still sees Miller as the supposed overpaid 3rd/4th liner that we overpaid to acquire, so why bother focusing on him? (Oh wait that's just the fickle "fans" here)

The water heads over at HF Canucks along with the cult of JD Burke are also responsible for creating the myth that Miller was an overpayment.

6 hours ago, VictoriaJord said:

Was happy with just a point tonight, so well done boys, especially Demko.

Was hoping to see Jake for a shift in OT.

Yeah man..although Leivo scored in the SO, but to be honest, with Jake being an option in OT as him being the fastest skater on the team with similar or maybe better hands than Leivo, I don't know why he is stapled to the bench during OT. Him and Horvat will make for an amazing combo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Edler is also not feeding him for the one timer enough... they need to try that shot at least once every PP.

They should try a one timer to Petey and a one time to Brock at least once every PP.

Edler feeds Petey a lot on the PP. I keep wondering why Petey doesn't shoot more.

I want to start seeing Petey and Boeser start shooting more. Less passes and more shooting from these guys......not sure why they don't. It is like they are waiting for the absolute perfect conditions before they shoot. Just get more shots on net during the PP please!!!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Don't discount Sutter who leads the team in PK time on ice/game or Beagle who is 4th.

Beagle playing 60% of zone starts in D-zone and Sutter 73% so far. Freeing up our stars offensively.

They are doing a lot of the heavy lifting for sure.  And they occasionally threaten to score too. Both are playing well. 

• Upvote 4

Excellent depth win. All four lines playing super important minutes and producing. Energizers are energized checkers were checking and the goals came from we need to come from. Just can’t get over how solid Miller looks right now. This team is hard-working fast with some really good size. Super stoked 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edler feeds Petey a lot on the PP. I keep wondering why Petey doesn't shoot more.

I want to start seeing Petey and Boeser start shooting more. Less passes and more shooting from these guys......not sure why they don't. It is like they are waiting for the absolute perfect conditions before they shoot. Just get more shots on net during the PP please!!!

I've seen Petey get slashed a couple times and him shaking it off. 

Makes me wonder if he has a wrist of hand issue that isn't released to the press

Last night's game was the best example to date of Benning's remake of this club. When it was 3 -1 and the Blues rang one off the post it could have been game over. The Canucks bent but their heavier game on both ends of the ice kept them in it. The Blues have one of the heaviest d-cores in the NHL and the Canucks were able to battle them on the boards with some success. 

1) PK was simply excellent

2) Demko: I thought he lost his net a number of times when the d-zone scramble was on. He recovered from that and his shootout play was excellent. 

3) 4th line had a tough night not just on coverages but also turnovers. 

4) Offensive upside: The upside is huge with this group. Many players still finding their game.

5) Sutter: other than the obvious players I give Sutter another strong game. Without having to carry the full vet load he could regain his offensive upside.

The Canucks beat the Stanley Cup champs, a big, tough team. Now go to Jersey and tune up Taylor Hall & Co.  

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Wanless said:

I've seen Petey get slashed a couple times and him shaking it off. 

Makes me wonder if he has a wrist of hand issue that isn't released to the press

Except that's exactly how the second half of the season went last year.