The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Having troubles thinking who will come out of the line up when roussel returns with Gaudette still on the sidelines 

I like Leivo and schaller seems to fit line 4 nice and motte deserves a spot and sutter has been great 

Edited by Filthy McNasty
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Having troubles thinking who will come out of the line up when roussel returns with Gaudette still on the sidelines 

I like Leivo and schaller seems to fit line 4 nice and motte deserves a spot and sutter has been great 

I agree. The team is playing great right now and gaining chemistry. Tough to change it up now. Too bad we couldn’t dress an extra or two. 

I thought that can opener by Fabbri helped set up their first goal. Not sure whichever player should have followed him to the crease, the forward or Edler.

I thought we matched their heavy game rather well, I think we can even be more physical, Ferland, Jake, Motte and Pearson can up their attack level a bit more. In some ways they are still getting used to the system Greens employing. Green has a better hold on his game plan since he sat LE. He needs every line fully engaged. No too many men!

Not sure of Peties wrists but he is a marked man. Hopefully the trainer's have something to cover his wrists, it's a long season. 

Demko might cost us a draft pick to protect. But worth it.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

10 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I thought that can opener by Fabbri helped set up their first goal. Not sure whichever player should have followed him to the crease, the forward or Edler.

I thought we matched their heavy game rather well, I think we can even be more physical, Ferland, Jake, Motte and Pearson can up their attack level a bit more. In some ways they are still getting used to the system Greens employing. Green has a better hold on his game plan since he sat LE. He needs every line fully engaged. No too many men!

Not sure of Peties wrists but he is a marked man. Hopefully the trainer's have something to cover his wrists, it's a long season. 

Demko might cost us a draft pick to protect. But worth it.

It won't come to that, they will move one of them before the ED, imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Also one thing that I haven't seen anybody talk about is just how effective Hughes was defensively in OT. He stopped 3 breakouts single handedly (which is even more impressive with 3 on 3) and he broke up a potential scoring opportunity on a backcheck dead tired. The kid was an absolute stud tonight defensively. I only saw him allow a bit too much room along the boards once which resulted in a perimeter turnover by St. Louis. Nobody gives this kid enough props for how good his stick and anticipation skills are in certain situations. If he was a slightly bit more urgent in some of his defensive plays he'd be a great defender more consistently. 

Quinn is super hockey smart.  I think he’s got such elite skills we, like you say, just how smart and high compete he is.  

10 hours ago, luckylager said:

100%. Demko still challenges the puck a bit more than Marky (overplays) but reels himself back quickly.

The biggest change I've noticed in Marky's game since Clark came back is Marky stays in his crease, doesn't jump to challenge shots, is always in better position to make the 2nd or 3rd save by using far less energy on the first.

Rebound control is bit of a thing. But that's like &^@#ing impossible to master when guys are shooting 100kmh.

Again, 100%. Miller is the &^@#ing bomb. JB totally nailed it this off season.

Loui, Baer and Goldy are all on the outside now. I love Baer, love him, and thought the team was making a mistake by waiving him, but they're winning.

Goldy still holds some promise.

That's decent top 6 depth.

Our goalies are much better at staying square to the puck and not getting out of position much, you are exactly right. 

Miller is like a multitool, he can do almost anything in any situation, very handy to have in the top 6.

The biggest thing with this years forwards is that they play way better along the boards and maintain possession. Last year we were muscled off the puck so much and the guys riding the pine were the culprits most of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, EdgarM said:

Our goalies are much better at staying square to the puck and not getting out of position much, you are exactly right. 

Miller is like a multitool, he can do almost anything in any situation, very handy to have in the top 6.

The biggest thing with this years forwards is that they play way better along the boards and maintain possession. Last year we were muscled off the puck so much and the guys riding the pine were the culprits most of the time. 

I’m noticing Jake has greatly improved his board play.  Practicing against really good board players like Miller, Ferland, Etc is making all or guys better. 

• Upvote 1