The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils Oct 19 10 AM - European game of the week edition

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

14 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

2 morning games back to back vs NJD and NYR.

They'll be tired for NYR game Sunday. Better get the win vs NJD. 

Yeah

... but MARKY will be fresh.... and Stonewall the rangers to a goose egg

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Cheers 2

I want to see Hughes on the 1st PP unit as it is struggling, and he could be the answer.  I feel Green may be waiting for us to come off of this winning streak before doing so.  We are winning, albeit maybe not pretty, but winning none the less.  Don't F with a winnig streak.  Once things cool off, move Hughes up and give the team a shot in the arm.  That is a huge card to play, why waste it when we are winning anyway.  

So far EP, BB, BH and the powerplay have not produced as hoped.  They will.  Once that starts to click I think we start to look like a team that can do a lot of damage.  I love this group.

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I want to see Hughes on the 1st PP unit as it is struggling, and he could be the answer.  I feel Green may be waiting for us to come off of this winning streak before doing so.  We are winning, albeit maybe not pretty, but winning none the less.  Don't F with a winnig streak.  Once things cool off, move Hughes up and give the team a shot in the arm.  That is a huge card to play, why waste it when we are winning anyway.  

So far EP, BB, BH and the powerplay have not produced as hoped.  They will.  Once that starts to click I think we start to look like a team that can do a lot of damage.  I love this group.

I know we want them to click

... but the important thing is the teams clicking.... as long as were getting W.... it doesnt matter where the points are coming from.

I've never seen the canucks have so much production from the blue line.... it's like hughes showed up.... and every defenseman was like.... u mean I can score? I can be part of the play? Well that's cool I'll try what huggy is doing! Seems to be working

1 minute ago, Snapshot85 said:

I know we want them to click

... but the important thing is the teams clicking.... as long as were getting W.... it doesnt matter where the points are coming from.

I've never seen the canucks have so much production from the blue line.... it's like hughes showed up.... and every defenseman was like.... u mean I can score? I can be part of the play? Well that's cool I'll try what huggy is doing! Seems to be working

Agreed.  Once we cool off as a team, the big guys will step up and set us up for another winning streak.  The fact that we are winning without them dominating is a good sign.

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Our PP is at 16.7% that's 24th in the league. They need to improve it if they want to make playoffs. 

PK is best in the league at 95%. 

but but all those posters that said our pk wouldn't survive without Loui "the PK GOD" Eriksson being out there! 

jk

i know I shouldn't kick a guy when hes down... but for 6mill, Loui ain't crying about it.