Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Oct. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Yes an ugly win is still a win 

I really like our team, so much better than last year 

we do need tweaks though because I feel we could be better 

letS hope we can move Leivo or Sutter so we can get Baer and even Goldy in .... we need a bit more scoring power 

Moving Sutter doesn't make us a better team, Leivo maybe but trading Sutter to bring up Baer would be a mistake. 

• Upvote 1

Bit of a snoozer that one was, but that is pretty much what I expect out of all day games.

Would have loved to have seen Quinn get the tying goal but that isn't how the chips fell today.

On to the next, its a long season and we don't have time to dwell on the Devils.

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Moving Sutter doesn't make us a better team, Leivo maybe but trading Sutter to bring up Baer would be a mistake. 

I am generally ok with Sutter but he may be an asset we can can get something for plus some cap room relief 

I don’t think he brings a lot to other than his defensive game. I would rather have him on our 4th line though 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I am generally ok with Sutter but he may be an asset we can can get something for plus some cap room relief 

I don’t think he brings a lot to other than his defensive game. I would rather have him on our 4th line though 

He has 5 points in 7 games and is a big part of our #1 in the league PK... 

Hope management is taking notice of Baer lighting it up on the farm....he belongs on the Canucks....before LE, Schaller, Virtanen, Leivo, Motte....

shut out twice and we've only played 7 games...need some skill and scoring in the bottom 6, if this continues.

Edited by Pete M
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Glad I missed this one. Looks like it was a frustrating game For Canucks fans lots of opportunities to score nothing went in and our PP continues to struggle. Bright point would be Demko again doesn’t deserve to loose on 1 goal allowed. 

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Hope management is taking notice of Baer lighting it up on the farm....he belongs on the Canucks....before LE, Schaller, Virtanen, Leivo, Motte....

shut out twice and we've only played 7 games...need some skill and scoring if this continues.

Schaller is part of the reason our PK is 1st in the league right now Motte and Leivo and Baertschi is best used in the top 6 which ours is set, plus we still have a spot for Roussel returning. Baer is in Utica until the end of the year or we make a few moves like it or not. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Schaller is part of the reason our PK is 1st in the league right now Motte and Leivo and Baertschi is best used in the top 6 which ours is set, plus we still have a spot for Roussel returning. Baer is in Utica until the end of the year or we make a few moves like it or not. 

don't agree with this at all

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Ok but it is the truth. 

Schaller fumbled the puck a lot in this game including letting the pass through on the PK for Hughes goal...Schaller was in the lane and he still let the pass through, this is not good PKing.

Demko was the best PKer today.

Edited by Pete M
  • Thanks 1