The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New Jersey Devils | Oct. 19, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

1. We don't have the cap for Baer

2. you can have 3 scoring lines and Schaller on the 4th line/PK ergo: they were never competing for a spot...

can blame JB for signing LE to a 6x6, in year 4 LE sitting in the pressbox....could say this contract is bitting him in the a$$ if point one applies.

• Wat 2

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

can blame JB for signing LE to a 6x6, in year 4 LE sitting in the pressbox....could say this contract is bitting him in the a$$ if point one applies.

I think it was the Luongo retirement that they hadn't anticipated.  I think LE retires after he gets his bonus next July. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think it was the Luongo retirement that they hadn't anticipated.  I think LE retires after he gets his bonus next July. 

It also is a 23 man roster ...they decided to go a different route by selecting different players. One good thing is they still have Baer as an option if injuries hit.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pete M said:

It also is a 23 man roster ...they decided to go a different route by selecting different players. One good thing is they still have Baer as an option if injuries hit.

Ok I have to say something, Baer can’t take a hit anymore, he is one more good hit (upper body-head) away from a career ending concussion. At least this way he can make his money. Watched him in preseason, HE is very hesitant to getting hit, 

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Lol......please show me a high point producing 4th line in the NHL

Some teams are starting to move away on from 4th lines.  Several coaches have been stating that your 3rd line has now to be your 4th line.  They are trying to add skills and push their 3rd line to their 4th line.  

Bonino is now C4 in Nashville - he was a 37pt player last year and a +27 (his line outscored opponents) while having the lowest zone starts on the team.  

LeBrun in talking of how Hitchcock helped Holland hire Tippett writes: "Hitchcock is as plugged in with the coaching fraternity as anyone. Current head coaches reach out to him all the time looking for advice or using him as a soundboard. "  

Hitchcock says you can't have a 4th line if you want to win.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

In retrospect, I think Baer was the perfect guy to send down, as they knew there wouldn't be a team picking up that contract this early in the season.  JB said that they had noticed a 'hesitance' in Baer's game and thinks that he needs to spend time in Utica getting his game back.  After all, he only played a couple dozen games last year.  So happy to see him tearing it up in Utica and it looks like he's playing a pretty aggressive game too.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

In retrospect, I think Baer was the perfect guy to send down, as they knew there wouldn't be a team picking up that contract this early in the season.  JB said that they had noticed a 'hesitance' in Baer's game and thinks that he needs to spend time in Utica getting his game back.  After all, he only played a couple dozen games last year.  So happy to see him tearing it up in Utica and it looks like he's playing a pretty aggressive game too.

Higgyfan! Yes sir, I just posted a similar comment, he is scared of getting hit, why keep him and let his career end? This way he gets a chance to get confident again, you know taking HITS.

Edited by The Aquamen
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Ok I have to say something, Baer can’t take a hit anymore, he is one more good hit (upper body-head) away from a career ending concussion. At least this Way he can make his money. Watched him in preseason, HE is very hesitant to getting hit, 

I remember people saying that about Crosby a few years ago as well. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Baer 8pts in 4games

Goldy 9pts in 4games

Capture.PNG

Baer > Schaller  no matter how you look at it.

Goldy > Schaller 

If these guys in the bottom 6 don't start producing, then look no further than Utica to solve the problem.

Amazed how many on here doesn't grasp this....lol (am I doing this right?)

now our boys just got shut out for the second time in 8 games. Petey missed the net 6 times today and Ried Boucher has 8 goals. Goldy and Bear are setting up goals faster than Brock Boeser, I vote we send Petey to Utica and bring up Read Booche'

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, The Aquamen said:

Ok I have to say something, Baer can’t take a hit anymore, he is one more good hit away from a career ending concussion. At least this Way he can make his money. Watched him in preseason, HE is very hesitant to getting hit, 

maybe....maybe not....haven't seen the doctor's report. AHL have just as tough and big players playing in the league than the NHL...in fact, lesser leagues can be more bush and tougher...Baer seems to be fairing fine.

4 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Ok I have to say something, Baer can’t take a hit anymore, he is one more good hit (upper body-head) away from a career ending concussion. At least this way he can make his money. Watched him in preseason, HE is very hesitant to getting hit, 

Well the AHL isnt going to help that. Guess if he can run that gauntlet then he's ok.