The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Rangers, October 20, 2019 -- B2B, Tail-end edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

Hope they keep Hughes on PP1 so that he can move the puck quicker and setup Brock or Petey for those one-times OV style. We got 2 guys who can shoot bombs from their spots, it’s just a matter of setting them up a lot quicker. No-brainer there!

But knowing our coaching staff, it’ll be back to Eagle at the point on PP1 for some frustrating slow-mo figure skating rubbish...love it!!

Heck I’d even try to put Stech in there at the point over Eddie on the PP.

As for our PP2 unit, that just seems to be a try-all-combinations approach. 

The next time we get a PP we should just bench that extra skater cuz we play better even strength! ::D  

Hope they sort out that PP soon! C’mon fellas!

6 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Did you see Green's post game interview? Regarding the power play he basically said; "it was good, we had some good looks, the only thing lacking was a goal".

Are you *&$%&#@ kidding me?!

In fairness, the first three power plays had a lot of solid looks. Blackwood was a brick wall though and I think the Devils had some odd 16 blocked shots by the halfway mark. If Horvat scored on that set play, or if Petey's one timers weren't going wide, there'd be a different tune. The biggest problem facing the power play is zone entries and getting set, evidenced by the last power play that got absolutely nothing done. 

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Nuck1991 said:

reid boucher has scored 8 goals so far, kid deserves a call up atleast i think.

there is no spot for him on the Canucks...he would only be put in a position to fail if they bring him up...utilize a player's strength is a foreign thought around these parts.

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Is the game on yet ? I can't find on centre ice....

it's on sportsnet...if you have Shaw, and are out of town, you can watch it on "shaw free range"

Games at 11am Mountain time 10am Pacific time

Edited by Pete M
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, therodigy said:

In fairness, the first three power plays had a lot of solid looks. Blackwood was a brick wall though and I think the Devils had some odd 16 blocked shots by the halfway mark. If Horvat scored on that set play, or if Petey's one timers weren't going wide, there'd be a different tune. The biggest problem facing the power play is zone entries and getting set, evidenced by the last power play that got absolutely nothing done. 

Yup...and they need to stick with Hughes on PP1 rather than Edler....Hughes can move the puck both by his quick passing and moving his feet. He is more coordinated and thinks quicker than Edler...just needs time and reps with PP1

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Pete M said:

there is no spot for him on the Canucks...he would only be put in a position to fail if they bring him up...utilize a player's strength is a foreign thought around these parts.

Exactly..... just like we are utilizing Leivo’s “strength” ....... wait 

• Haha 1

Good morning all, yesterday’s game caught me un prepared...today I’m ready and so will our team. Too many grumpy people yesterday...must have been the hang overs!? I’m thinking our boys pull the W out of the big apple today. 10 am games are rare and mess with players routines. I actually didn’t think we were gonna win yesterday cause the early ones give us trouble, always have. But with back to back AM games i’m hoping for a more prepared team this morning. 

GCG :towel:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

and Schaller's fumble and let the pass through on the PK...some think this is good PKing

Skilled players, when given opportunity, prove to be very good PK guys too.  Baer would be a better PK guy than Schaller.  

• Cheers 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Skilled players, when given opportunity, prove to be very good PK guys too.  Baer would be a better PK guy than Schaller.  

Alf, you know what you're talking about...don't let anyone tell you different...lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

and Schaller's fumble and let the pass through on the PK...some think this is good PKing

Yeah I think we have had 2 good games from Schaller but I frankly every other game has been weak 

what is disappointing is here is in a defensive role now yet he is failing defensively and the dumb penalties taken don’t help